Valentine Day Ideas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my Girlfriend doesnt like valentines day ... so im taking her to a show to see a band she likes rather than usual flowers and candy and stuff ...

Fuck. I have to go buy an actual gift today and its terrible out.

I bought fancy Rocky Mountain dark chocolate pretzels, a card, single rose, and we'll do the dinner thing on Friday when we have more time but I need to pick up a piece of jewelry.

awesome... i bet she would enjoy a little day trip after being folded up in that shoe box in the closet all that time

yep, gonna take her to the car wash, she could use a good cleaning......do you think engine degreaser wouuld be harmfull to her?

i did a dozen red roses, a single pink rose in the center, a balloon and little teddy bear
and had it sent to her job so all the bitches she works with can be jealous

not a bad way to blow a buck and change
f v-day

i gave my girl some extra time in the shower and helped her wash her hair, she likes that shit. oh wait. :unsure:

i did a dozen red roses, a single pink rose in the center, a balloon and little teddy bear
and had it sent to her job so all the bitches she works with can be jealous

not a bad way to blow a buck and change
f v-day

WTF @ a buck and change for that.

Dozen dark chocolate rocky mountain chocolate co. pretzels - $15
Card - $3
Silver bracelet with interlocking heart clapse - $55
Orange rose the other day - $2
Red rose and baby breath today - $4

Kept it under $100 fairly easily. If I was with her for longer, I would have went with a more expensive piece of jewelry but as it is, she'll wear this bracelet everyday and I won't want to take a knife to my jugular if she loses it.

...I saw red roses were up to $35/dozen today.

I also sent 2 dozen assorted roses in a ruby vase for $40, after it was all said and done, to one of the ex's.

around me roses run 70 a dozen today

Is that from a delivery place or a store?

After all the fees, delivery places are a damn racket. Even when I buy the specials on proflowers and use the discounts, its hard to spend less than $40 and change. I try to pick the specials that are the most bang for the buck. I went with the two dozen assorted roses, since red roses are so damn expensive now.

Either way, thats ridiculous.

i called a florist a mile from her job
they had a guy heading over to her building right when i called

dozen red roses bouquet was 70
with a vase was 85
delivery was $10
little bear was 8
and i have no idea how much a balloon was

they told me it came to $107
so i guess thats roses 70, deliver 10, bear 8, balloon 10 and tax of 7

is it a rip off? you bet your ass
was it worth it if it made her happy and feel special on valentines day?
absolutely

and it got there just before lunch so everyone that walked by on the way to lunch got to see it
:shrug2:

I got the wife an expensive bracelet and two magnetic kissing dogs with a heart. As far as roses I always keep atleast 3 fresh ones in the house for her.

Back