valve Adjustment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95sir

I think I need to get my valves adjusted anyone in the va/va beach area know anyone or shop that does it good? Also how much should I expect to pay?

do it yourself, all you need is a small flathead screw driver, a 10mm wrench, and some feeler guages. its mad easy. i did mine in like a half hour. go to c-speedracing.com . they have a good write up on how to do it.

Thanks for the info I was kind of scared because my buddy tried to do his in his lude and fucked it all up it sounded like a John Deer :bash:

yea, its not hard to do but it is easy to screw up if you dont follow the procedure to the tee. (doing the valves in the correct order, rotating the crank to TDC for each cylinder, making sure the engine is cold, torquing everything to spec, etc...)

i personally don't mind paying a qualified honda mechanic to do this for me, even though i did it myself a couple times.

actually you dont have to do them in any specific firing order. and you dont even have to rotate the crank if you have 2 people.

when you get the valve cover off, you can have someone look at your cams and the other person in the car. have the person in the car to "bump the key". which means they just hit the key to the start position and turn it off real quick. this turns the cam(s) and all you have to do is look at it and make sure that the cam lobes are pointing up. it doesnt have to be perfect since the entire 180 degrees of the bottom of the cam lob is the same. and you just do them all from there. thats all putting it at TDC does anyway. it makes it a lot faster this way, but you need 2 people. it works, trust me. i did it that way on my car. but follow the directions the "orthodox" way if you dont know exactly what im talking about.

sounds good to me...so I want to go get my car on the dyno and get it tuned should I wait for the valve adjustment?

yes, properly adjusted valves can only help your tuning. I don't think optimizing all of your other settings would be as effective before adjusting the valves(unless they're already perfect).

it's always good to learn new shit but if you are very doubtful then I would just pay your local dealership from acura/honda to do it, should be around 50-100 $$

Back