Valve Adjustments

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

whoa, what a new look for hondaswap, but wheres the AIM Chat link??? anyway, i was wondering how hard is a valve adjustment.. i think i really need one bad because it starts to clink and whine.. so i was wondering if i can do it myself?? im pretty much a DIY kinda guy and somewhat compatent (sp?) in automotive.. if so, what do i do?? specs? oh yeah, and one more thing, how hard is it to change my timing belt?? thanks a lot guys.

snapon sells a nice valve adjustment tool for honda's too

on a SOHC engine, it's not that hard. You do need to check the clearances IN ORDER. The chiltons manual explains it pretty well. If you know what you're doing, the timing belt wouldn't be that bad either. But, if you haven't done one before, or have help, I'd think about it first. It all depends how confident you feel at mechanics. There are two belts, a lot of gears, and everything has to be in the right place when the new belts go on.

That means:
The crank, camshaft, and two balancer shafts all have to be in the right position. There is a bolt in the back of your block that needs to be removed in order to hold one balancer shaft in place.

It all makes sense when you do it.

Back