Valve Cover Gasket?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 8 2004, 10:25 PM
for plugs, use NGK plugs.

PCV valve should be like $5-10 and if it is like my old d-series, it should be extremly easy to change.

For the temp switch, just swap it out with the one from your old engine. I would do the same with your starter.

I have 4 shiny new NGK's sitting right here, a new gapper, spark plug socket....

The pcv valve was 6.50 at Canadian Tire (26 @ honda)

"Where" is the temp sensor on a D15B2...and that will fit a B1...are they the same??

Yah...I had planned on looking into the starter from my old engine and see if that did the trick :)

Jason

Any suggestions on the best "glue" type substance to hold the valve cover gasket down?? Doing it in the a.m. so let me know asap, want to use the best I can...

Jason

(Best doesn't mean most expensive...best means quality for the $$)

Originally posted by Magik@Jan 9 2004, 05:06 PM
Any suggestions on the best "glue" type substance to hold the valve cover gasket down?? Doing it in the a.m. so let me know asap, want to use the best I can...

Jason

(Best doesn't mean most expensive...best means quality for the $$)

Hondabond

Use hondabond, but do not use silicone grey, it doesn't work at all. I used copper coat on my mazda. Messy since I used the spray can, but it doesn't leak anymore!

"Hondabond" ummm...is that a dealer thing? if so I have to get up early tomorrow...they are only open in the morning...or can you get that anywhere?

Thanks

Jason

Back