valve cover question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You can use PB Blaster instead of the Aircraft stripper if you can't find it locally. On my 240sx I sprayed the valve cover and let it set overnight and the next morning sprayed again and wiped away paint in a matter of seconds.

I never primed any of my valve covers when i painted them.

its better to tape your letters then to scrape it, incase your hand slips off the letters

taping or scraping the letters is a real PITA - just put a light coat of Vaseline on the letters and anywhere else you don't want the paint to stick and spray it - after it dries, just wipe or wash it off - just be careful not to get the Vaseline on any part that you want the paint

The way i did my dohc zc cover was.. use some crap that eats paint away to take the current paint off. wash it. then do one coat, then bake it in the oven for 10 mins, then take it out and do another coat, bake it again. do this for about 7-8 coats. then let sit for about 2 hours. then do a couple of coats of clear. it will NEVER flake and is strong. but it stinks ur house out for a couple of hours lol. trust me it works great.

Back