1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

valve cover

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by formby, Oct 29, 2005.

  1. formby

    formby learning in progress

    Likes Received:
    Feb 19, 2003
    ive noticed that on built engines the valve cover has two extra vents on the front sice.....like the oem unit on the IM manofold side ......i want it .....and i'll need it...can some one hook me up with a write up....because i dont even know what its called...

    6 coronas into sat....and the captain is almost here
  2. hotrex

    hotrex Senior Member

    Likes Received:
    Sep 9, 2005
    its for a catch can. all you do is drill the valve cover and thread in 2 1/2 inch brass nipples, attach your hoses to your catch cn and roll.

    honestly, i wouldnt even roll that way. if you search h-t theres a link that shows a list of honda part numbers, where you can replace the freeze plugs on your block, with one sthat accept a hose. then run theseto yuor catch can.

    search "catch can" on h-t. i believe theres about 20 pages of debate on the subject.. its good shit.
  3. ne3ek

    ne3ek Senior Member

    Likes Received:
    Nov 1, 2004

    ya there are so many ways to go, you can do the vc thing, or the one hotrex mentioned, some people tap into the exhaust manifold to use vac from the header to release pressure.

    To me anything not stock is better! because even brand new itrs huff at high rpm
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page