Valve covers!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

these are the best i could get for now..next sunny day ill bring it out and take some pix..
depending on how the light catches it is how the glitter reacts..like on my black one..you could see just yellow/orange from 1 angle..then another would be green/blue or purpl and whatever..
l_61eb5cc30d5b4342a89b8546f13fef6c.jpg
l_1d066ec2c3974295a5b2963e8153640e.jpg

Dude injen i vote to keep it too. just clear it and be done man! which reminds me... i have given some thought to clear coating my vc... but idk how it would turn out since its kinda like a wrinkle type finish..

i hate clear...if you do it..do it on an extremely hot and sunny day..any moisture in the air will fog it up and ruin your paint job.
just set the cover outside on some type of stand in the direct sun and do real light coats..and wait like 10 mins in between each coat so it can tack up

i have never had a problem with clear. and we have a lot of humid days here.

just have to take your time with it, and do light coats. if you do clear, do your best to find a can with a fan spray nozzle, the direct sprays suck. that bass i did has a good flat clear on it, it had a direct spray nozzle so it sucked while doing it, but it really perfected the paint job. i was worried about how it was going to come out, but the clear made the paint.

.. :werd: i've done some w/o clear and some w/ clear.. the ones w/ clear always came out better

i got the good can of clear..the one that has the real wide pattern instead of the traditional "circle"
i dont know..the shit with the glitter is a clear with the effects in it..so i think ill just stick with that

the only thing you have to watch is just that.

if the paint already has a clear type of thing mixed in, then you dont want to clear over it. it will wrinkle and ruin the paint.
you have to make sure that the paint is safe to clear, i was painting some panels on a bike (old ninja 250) that i used to have, painted them black, came out great, but i put a coat of clear on it, and it completely screwed the paint. bad.
the paint i used already had a clear mixed in (not sure exactly what they call it) but it didnt require any clear coat, so when i put the clear on top, it reacted and ruined a lot of work.

so, if the top coat you put on already had some kind of clear to it, dont add another, because you may not get the required effect.
it should say on the back of the can if a clear top coat is recommended .

decided against clearing..i kno its going to fuck it up..especially because it looks good..lol but i painted my fuel rail,fuel regulator,oil cap all because they looked like shit..
they all got a nice coat of chrome..then when i applied the glitter shit it turned them into an aluminum( glossy primer??) with the flake in it so i like the way it did that..pix soon

..the shit with the glitter is a clear with the effects in it..so i think ill just stick with that

if the paint already has a clear type of thing mixed in, then you dont want to clear over it. it will wrinkle and ruin the paint.
the paint i used already had a clear mixed in (not sure exactly what they call it) but it didnt require any clear coat, so when i put the clear on top, it reacted and ruined a lot of work.

:beat: read above.

damn injen that looks really good! i'd call it a day after clearing it!

--------------

decided against clearing..i kno its going to fuck it up..especially because it looks good..

good.

Holy SWEET! Nice to see a third gen...

I wish I still had mines.

EDIT... Hold the fuck up... that's a 4th gen... I just assumed it was third when i saw d14... dont know much about those though so my B.

Last edited:
There's also the D13.. btw, which I have seen/heard of before, but this D14 doesnt even have a section on wiki... Maybe someone should hook it up.

Back