Valve covers!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcause the bolt pattern,and if you look at the end of the exhaust cam you should see a little of the solenoid,instead there is a cam seal

DSC_0387.jpg

its from Autozone. Called metalcast, I think. "anodized purple" with a silver base. Came out shitty, cuz I suck at painting.
Autozone FTW, I have one like two blocks from my house. Rattle can is all about the prep work and not putting too thick of a coat down. It takes a lot of patience.

Ya, I apparently suck at the patience thing. Well patience with painting anyway. I just get so antsy and wanna get it done STAT. I had quite a few runs and light spots in it. Oh well.

omfg,i did the same thing,but with an "aluminum" basecoat lol,

That's the main problem with people who try to paint for their first time. They want instant gratification. Well, you aren't going to get a decent result with half assed prep work.

That's the main problem with people who try to paint for their first time. They want instant gratification. Well, you aren't going to get a decent result with half assed prep work.

Or how about the fact I had absolutely no idea what I was doing? Ya. That's more like it. Sorry not everyone is a pro at everything... apparently like you make yourself out to be.

matt does nice work,due to his prep work,he worked hard as hell on his car,and it paid off

Or how about the fact I had absolutely no idea what I was doing? Ya. That's more like it. Sorry not everyone is a pro at everything... apparently like you make yourself out to be.

I did not, nor mean to, make myself seem like a pro at everything lol..

In fact I wasn't even attacking you or your work, I was saying that the main problem with people who try to paint is that they are impatient and then get pissed off when they don't get the results they want.

I'm not a pro. This is my first paint on an entire car (my civic) and I have just taken my time and tried to make sure I do everything right the first time. I've spent a little more than I would like to on paint and supplies but I definitely feel it was well worth it. That is all.

werds... and more werd to the last two (make that three) posts...

Last edited:
You guys wish yours was as hot as mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 191
Back