1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

valve covers

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by kimchimik, Oct 12, 2002.

1. kimchimik

kimchimik Member

well i'm planning on donig a LS/Vtec conversion on my 98 integra and i'm trying to go for a sleeper effect on my car as much as i can, what i want to do is put my B18B valve cover that doesn't say "DOHC VTEC" on in place of the one iwill be getting with my B16 headswap, i was wondering if they are interchangeable, i know most things on the B series motors are but a friend was telling me they weren't.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

just get a black dohc one instead of a red type R or a fake MUGEN one off ebay. People still want to admire your car alittle bit and remember power does not = rice

3. paragus

paragus Senior Member

im with your friend, i dont think they are interchangeable

4. chet

chet Senior Member

ls valve covers are not compatible. if you compare the two you'll see that there isn't enough room for the rocker arms during vtec.

5. kimchimik

kimchimik Member

damn gotta find some other way to hide the vtec then

6. paragus

paragus Senior Member

grind it off??? :blink: :rolleyes:

7. kimchimik

kimchimik Member

yeah that was the alternative but it doesn't have the same look of the dohc non-vtec valve cover, which is the stock look but oh well i'll just have to live with the vtec valve cover :rolleyes:

8. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

one thing is dont put the spark plug wire cover one (the little silver thing in the middle) that makes it look like a ls cover then grind the dohc vtec off then get black paint to cover it

9. kimchimik

kimchimik Member

that would work huh? nice thanks :lol:

10. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

it would have to get powder coated to look right or else you will have a nice obvious flat spot where it was grinded. everyone will be like "what did you grind the VTEC off for?"

11. tb820

tb820 Junior Member

One way or another, someone who knows will know what they are looking at if you do grind off the vtec and leave the wire cover off. If you want a sleeper, go for the STOCK look with the hub caps and stock suspension..... yeah....

12. kimchimik

kimchimik Member

well my year integra comes with alloy rims, which i am sticking with and around here in southern california i always get a bunch of people asking me why my integra is so high off the ground, i guess everybody here lowers their intergras that it's become so common place around here i was going to do a 2" drop on it anyways just so i can get less body roll and get rid of the wheel well gap

13. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

deffinately lower it. there are alot of advantages of dropping it! the only advantage you have by keeping it stock is the sleeper look. i would drop it!

14. kimchimik

kimchimik Member

i'm definately doing it, i'm just kinda bummed that i my b18b valve cover won't fit the dohc vtec heads but oh well i don't wanna make it look like i'm trying too hard for the sleeper look

15. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

just dont pop your hood 4 people. and keep your mouth shut about the swap!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted