Valve Guides

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
Well, I was takin a closer look at the head I just picked up, and a few of the valves look like they have bent stems (with the cams out, the valve is not totally sealed all the way around its circumference). I already planed on gettin new valves, but now Im thinkin guides will be needed to. I'll be runnin pretty high boost levels, so I was wonderin what kinda guides you guys recomend? Thanks in advance for any info.

Ahh, lol thanks for correcting that. What are some brands that I should look at? I looked at Ferrea but I couldnt seem to find any for a Honda on their page.

Wrong metal. I meant bronze. I had cymbal brass on the mind (I'm a drummer).

YB, you ROCK man! I was hoping someone had posted this link in here. Rep point for you! Thanks!

Scott, you almost made me spit my drink out when you said brass. It brought me back to band camp days. haha The memories. I'm a French Horn, Trombone, Trumpet, Baritone and Tuba player. Yes, a total band nerd. haha

Newb, listen to these guys and learn from them. They really know what they're talking about. Best of luck to you.

Hey, now i cant decide on the kind of valves i want to run. I was thinkin standard size Blox valves, but does anyone have any suggestions on a brand that is reasonably priced, yet will hold good to a lot of boost? Also, is buying an undercut valve worth it, or should i stick with a standard stem? thanks again.

Well, I have to change my valves because the ones in the used head i bought are bent. So i figured might as well upgrade to an undercut valve while im at it. As for my springs, the head already has buddy club dual springs and P-1 retainers. Im shootin for low to mid 400's for HP, but as always more is deffinately welcome.

Buddy Club, eh? I honestly wouldn't run Buddy Club in my engine if I was paid to.

hmm. what's bad about Buddy Club in your view? from what i've read, they're good. i'm curious.

You don't need to change your valves for boost because any valve capable of fully seating will hold the boost. If you're looking for a brand name, Ferrera.

Just for my clerification, did you intend to type Ferrera or Ferrea? I searched google and could not find a dealer for Ferrera valves.

Are the Blox vavles good quality or are they on the OBX level?

As for the Buddy Club parts, Ive only heard 2 opinions on them including yours, so as of now Im still nuetral on their products. Have you had bad experiences with them?

Maybe you know more about the companies than I do?

I put OBX with Skunk2 and Omni Power because they are all owned by the same person, from what i've read. I thought Buddy Club was better, like 1 step under Toda in my mind. But I lack the experiance to know

Thanks a lot for the input, very helpful. Being as I already have the Buddy Club parts I'll give em try. My thought, from my neutral standpoint, is if they hold up Ill be saving money, but on the same note, if they dont it could cost me big.

Im an aerospace machinist, and when I took my Buddy Club cam gears off the cams to inspected them everything looked great. The bores wheres dead perfect circle, and the keyways were square and only varied a thousanth of an inch from gear to gear. I can only hope that their other parts share the same quality.

Very true. According to there web site the material used is 7075-T6, which would be a tough material, but I have no way to prove thats what they actually did use. One thing you can be confident in though, if their parts do fail me, I will make it known lol. Thanks again for the info.

Back