1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valve Job?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by ekPhred, Apr 17, 2003.

1. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

wussup all? I've asked this question to some people but i wanted everybody's opinion on the subject. I'm building an lsvtec engine right now and was wondering if a valve job is ABSOLUTELY necessary? i keep getting "it's not necessary, but it would'nt hurt," responses. I was planning on doing a PnP job to it as well, but i rather pay off my car first, then do it. I'm under the impression that if your block and head is koo, then I dont have to worry about it. although, i'm going to bring it to a mechanic soon to see if everything is koo. If the valve job isnt necessary, i wont do it. any suggestions i get would be greatly appreciated, thanx in advance!

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

by valve job do you mean a 3 or 5 angle valve job?? you don't absolutely need to do it.

3. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

a 5 angle valve job. sorry i wasnt too specific.

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

the 5 angle valve job will make them wear out quicker i've heard.

5. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

interesting, you learn something new everyday! thanx alot homie, any other suggestions? the reason that i want to do a 5 valve job because if i'm not mistaken, from the factory, they do a 3 valve job stock? i could be wrong.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted