valve spring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondapowerb16a2

had a few questions about building a b16a. im doing ctr pistons and ctr or skunk2 stg 1 cams. if i go with the ctr cams i heard you can switch the b16a intake valve springs to the exhaust and and do itr intake springs on the intake. does this work well or is it kinda ghetto? also can i use my b16 retainers on the itr springs or do i need to get the itr retainers? and also with that setup i have an itr ecu in my garage would it run that setup well or do i need to get some engine management? would a vafc be adequate? thanks

Sounds kind of ghetto to me. Why not just use the proper springs?

I don't believe the itr retainers will fit on your car due to the smaller dia type r valve stems. Use your stock ones.

Vafc is hard to tune and the type r integra ecu is meant for a 1.8l and not 1.6l. You would be better off with a chipper OBD1 P28 ecu tuned on crome.

The GSR dual intake springs are the same as the ITR exhaust springs.. a lot of people will take their GSR intake springs and move them to the exhaust to save money. There isn't anything wrong with doing that, but if the springs have a lot of miles on them already you would be better off to get new ones due to the fact that they will already be fatigued and can lose their spring rate. When that happens you're probably going to float the valves and then you'll end up spending more money fixing the bent valve(s) than you would have to just buy new springs in the first place.

Back