Valve To Piston Clearance, Type S Pistons In The H23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAM!!!

:confused: I know there's a lot of threads out there on this subject and everyone I've read isn't really convincing me if I should or shouldn't do it.....some people say there will be no problem with valve to piston clearance, and then some say that they will make contact cause of the dome hight on the pistons, and some say to just use a thicker head gasket to prevent the valves from hitting the pistons...then theres talk about I will need to upgrade my camshafts cause of the higher comp (12.5) and even get a stronger valve train... then a lot of other stuff about good, and then bad, but I dont want to get into it...So im just asking what I need to know and hopefully it's more positive then negative...

Would I be able use the type s pistons on Crower Rods (h23) with out the pistons hitting the valves??

Will the H22 rods be better to use with the type s pistons in the H23, rather then the h23 rods with type s pistons?

Which will give better valve to piston clearance but still keeps the compression high, H22 OR H23??

Can a thicker head gasket really work if the pistons hit the valves???

Any additional info that I will need to know please inform me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back