Valves?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jo-z

I just bought an 89 CRX Dx and when i get it home i turn it off and wash it and clean up the engine and stuff..i go to start it back up and it just turns over and nothing i keep on and on and on trying...and finally i get somethin but it idles reel low and just quits. when i can keep it started it will idle reel low and the sometimes go up to idle speed and go back to idlein reel low it sounds REALLY bad while its running..and while your startin it it makes big loud popping noises out of the intake....if i give it gas it will sound like its bogging down..and when it finnaly quits after about a min or so or barely runnin it back fires exhaust out of the intake..my ideas are maybe it jumped time, flooded out burnt some valves, or throttle body might be clogged...get back to me on this please...thanks alot

if you hosed out the engine you probaly got water in the dist take off the cap clean it the clean out the dist with wd40 and you should be good to go

Back