various simple stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90B16a1si

Ok, I have a 90 si hatch, b16a, PW0 ecu, y1 trans, cai, exhaust. Very simple car. I've only been driving it a week or two now and I love it. It still has some issues though.

The fuel cuts out after 7K. Its not a rev limiter, its a complete fuel cut. Any ideas?

The O2 sensor isn't working, but no engine light. I even disconnected it and no code. I thought hondas valued o2 signals!? (yes, it was warmed up. Also, I unplugged the vtec noid and the engine light came on and the car went into lawnmower horsepower mode so the engine light works)

I set the idle with the screw and it idles nicely but when I disconnect the IAC, there isn't any effect. The IAC is the one behind the throttle body, right? And the BAC is behind the intake manifold? I disconnect the BAC and the idle drops a few hundred rpm. Also, there looks to be two capped coolant connections comming out of the TB that are not connected to anything. Are these necessary for the IAC to function?

The car has been running well, it just has this annoying surge once its really warmed up. I'm thinking it is vacuum/IAC related.
Thanks for any help in advance...

the coolant lines on the throttle body are for the fast idle. theyre not necessary for proper warm weather operation, but they should be correctly re-routed. the return line goes to the iacv on 5th gen civics, im not sure about your model. check that.

two coolant lines run to and from your iacv right? once the car is warmed up the iacv should be closed and not an issue, correct?

does the PW0 require a 4 wire o2 sensor conversion?

The car has been starting fine in reasonably cold weather, we'll see.

I will try disconnecting the IAC when the car is still cold. Your probably right.

It had two one wire O2s but I had to splice them together into one. However, the O2 I put in doesn't produce any Volts.
Thanks for your input.

When I had my B16A in my 89 hatch, it did the same thing...although it still ran a 14.8 doing so. I had NO IDEA why. Went over all my wiring and everything, and found nothing wrong. No CEL's, nothing. Fuel cut out at 7k.

One day it randomly quit doing it, and started rev limiting like normal. Never found out why.

:shrug2:

I would suggest, however, getting another O2 sensor and running 2 like was intended by Honda.

Just one wire. obd0 simplicity. 286 era technology.

I will run two O2 sensors when I go turbo. Any ideas on the lack of engine light with no O2 signal?

Anyone?

I really thought you guys would know the answers.

Quoted post[/post]]
Anyone?

I really thought you guys would know the answers.

i have posted several times about this issue, I even spliced the secondary into primary and it ran shittier, I switched the c8 and c16 wires on the ecu with no luck, I am just going to break down and pay $70 for a shop to look at it and tell me it is something simple.

yes, nothing. I have been driving around for a while and no light. Weird, eh.

All of the wire is shielded and theres also about a role of electrical tape. Even if both wires were grounded out, wouldn't it still give a code?

i dunno, wiring in old hondas is freaky, sometimes my condensor fan stays on after i turn the car off if i leave it in the on position, the dimmer is freaky, the lights on the radio come and go as they please. who knows....

Back