VDub is getting to me; Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

hello, ive always been a honda fan, and the new k20eg swap is a force not to be reconded with, but recently my friend swap a vr6-24v in his mk2 and on top boosted it, and put down about 500whp on stock internals; i think thats pretty impressive. Now, moving onto a new swap, i dunno if i should build a k20eg or a vr6-24v turbo because there both temping builds and i can probably build them for about the same price(the vr6 would probably be just a little more) keeping in mind i wanted to do alot of aftermarket to the k20 afterwards(probably Naturally Apsrated tho)...but i dunno which route to do. i kno the k20eg will beat the vr6 in 1/4 but im sure the vr6 would be fun on the highway. i dunno, what do u think would be better? :ph34r:

a 24V in to a MK2 iss rather difficult even a AFP 12V is hard
with either of those you have to rewire the whole car

if you want to swap a VR6 into a MK2 you ned to get a AAA VR6 from a passat(B4)
and the car has to be CE2 (90-92)

dont know much about the K swap but a AAA VR6 in to MK2 is rather easy and power to weight is awsome

never go with a vw. Stick with the hondas. My boy has a VW and the thing is causing him more problems. Parts are more expensive. Half the shit he wanted he had to order from germany.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jul 29 2004, 06:47 AM
never go with a vw. Stick with the hondas. My boy has a VW and the thing is causing him more problems. Parts are more expensive. Half the shit he wanted he had to order from germany.
[post=369724]Quoted post[/post]​

what year is your friends car? i bet its a MK4 which is built in the Mexico
MKII's are built in germany and have zero problems what so ever

when you can swap a 2.8 VR6 into the engine bay where a 1.8l 8V 4cyl used to be using ALL (100%) factory parts you cant go wrong

yeah its a mk4 but he got a swap with a germant 1.8t and got there 5 speed tranny instead of the us 6 speed. the car has been in the shop for 7 months for different things...waiting on shit to come, problems with the wiring. I believe the 1.8t he is using is out of an audi. But after all the problems i see with his car.. I would never get one. Plus his car is about the same size as mine and weighs 1500lbs more. the only advantage he has on me is it handles better.

well, my friend is a mechanic, and he swapped the motor himself into the car and doesnt have any problems, so im sure he could do the swap for me. All i know is his car hauls ass. and yes i plan to use it as a daily driver. I still temped to build a k20 after watching the pacman vs utah race :eek:

vw's suck.

have fun replacing like every tool you ever owned with "VW" tools

hmm.....I was never a fan of VW's, I wouldn't mind driving around something like an R32 as a daily grocery driver....but thats about it.

there is one kid down here in south florida that runs some type of VR6 turboed gutted 94 Jetta, think he owns a shop called Gortex - or some shit like that but he does all the ecu chipped for vw guys.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jul 29 2004, 09:17 AM
yeah its a mk4 but he got a swap with a germant 1.8t and got there 5 speed tranny instead of the us 6 speed. the car has been in the shop for 7 months for different things...waiting on shit to come, problems with the wiring. I believe the 1.8t he is using is out of an audi. But after all the problems i see with his car.. I would never get one. Plus his car is about the same size as mine and weighs 1500lbs more. the only advantage he has on me is it handles better.
[post=369748]Quoted post[/post]​

im gonna have to call :bs:

#1 the "german" 1.8t engine is the same as the US one

#2 the only difference in power in the 1.8t's in VW's and Audi's is the computer

#3 you cant use an Audi engine in any VW except for 98-present Passats because
the engine is mounted inline not transverse like the Jetta, GTi or, Beetle

#4 why would you give up a six speed??? :wtf:

#5 he says he has wiring problems? sounds like the car wasnt a 1.8T originally
which leads me to believe your friend is a moron be cause it would cost you the
price of a car that came with a 1.8T to change over from a 2.0 or VR6

im done

I don't know, If he says his friend did it then who are you to say he didn't without asking for any evidence first? And anything can be done with the right kind of $$$. I don't doubt him but I'd like to see some pictures if it's possible.

K20eg is going to be a lot harder to wire in and get going than putting a VR6 into a Jetta. I had a 1998 Jetta GLX VR6, and my buddy had a 1996 Jetta GL with a VR6 swapped in. The swap was not as bad as he thought it was going to be, and granted this was about 4 or 5 years ago now, so I do not remember the details, but now the car is turboed and he makes good power about 350+hp.

get a 72 or older bug and swap in a ford SVO motor. there is a company that makes an axle and fly wheel to do the conversion. i plan on tackleing this swap when i get back from WYO tech.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 29 2004, 09:31 AM
vw's suck.

have fun replacing like every tool you ever owned with "VW" tools
[post=369776]Quoted post[/post]​

die engineering german es superior.

i cant speak german for shit.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jul 29 2004, 02:47 PM
K20eg is going to be a lot harder to wire in and get going than putting a VR6 into a Jetta. I had a 1998 Jetta GLX VR6, and my buddy had a 1996 Jetta GL with a VR6 swapped in. The swap was not as bad as he thought it was going to be, and granted this was about 4 or 5 years ago now, so I do not remember the details, but now the car is turboed and he makes good power about 350+hp.
[post=369904]Quoted post[/post]​

it depends on what year the car and engine is
putting a 2003 VR6 into a 91 jetta is quite difficult

i'd have to say that a K into an EG and a 24V VR6 into a MK2 are pretty much about the same wiring wise but mechanically the VR6 swap is much easier

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jul 30 2004, 12:47 AM
die engineering german es superior.

i cant speak german for shit.
[post=370202]Quoted post[/post]​

come on tony, that was pathetic.

Deutsche Technik ist überlegen. :ph34r:

Back