Vehicle Speed Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whats up 92civicb18b1. thanks for the advice.what part do you need?

im going to the junker tomm to get a VSS from and LS motor. I'll look around for that prelude. I think ive seen at least 2 out there. Oh and is ANY other thing i can check for this damn VSS problem? Also how hard is it to remove a VSS? what tools do i need to take with me?

alright thanks. ohh and will any other VSS match your prelude? like integra or something else? better yet what kind of motor has the same sensor?

no clue.

Its a b20a3, forgot the trans code. It's one of those odd engines that was only put in the preludes so I don't know about other cars.

damn i cant go to the junker today. Its been really ugly in Tallahassee(rainy) so i'll have to wait.

hmm, I think I'll go drop by the few in LI.

Nice, sunny and warm in NY. :D

lucky you. This weather is keeping me from working also. It sucks balls. Ive missed three days and only have in 12 hrs. not only that, but i have to buy a new exhaust,and get my VSS for my rex...............AND I ONLY HAVE 100 BONERS!

I owe way too much, got paid yesterday and I have $47 left and I still have a load of crap to pay for and I have an empty tank of gas.... $2.40/gl for regular in NY is killing me, it's only 2.03 in NJ but my check didn't clear till 10 am.

I get a set pay of a minimum of $500/weekly then after 27 hours my pay lowers to $14/hr instead of $18.50 and I still can't afford to do shit. :shrug2:

''its the man trying to keep the black man down and the brown man out''
lol. damn thats suck dude. ohh and i forgot to mention. I'm leaning towards putting my ls/vtec in an intgra. So i MIGHT be seling the tranny and crx shell. dont know yet but i figured i'd let you know since i read you wanteds a crx shell and were interested in this race tranny i got. BUT IT ALL DEPEND ON MY FINANCES! hope fully i'll be rich ass hell 1 day.

im gonna be rich....:p

I'd be a lot more interested if you werent 1300 miles away. I'd say put it in the CRX, it will be more fun to drive.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 5 2005, 02:20 PM
im gonna be rich....:p

I'd be a lot more interested if you werent 1300 miles away. I'd say put it in the CRX, it will be more fun to drive.
[post=495559]Quoted post[/post]​

its already in the rex. But its not really comfortable. I want something more attractive and comfy,like a 90+ teg. Dont get me wrong i love the handling and speed but....it's old and small. I dont like the dash center console carpet nor the door panels. Its HF blue :( Ohh well. again it all boils down to money.

I still say you should keep it.

You don't like the seats? Teg seats fit easily.

You could probably fit another dash in there...but thats gonna be a some work, but if you really don't like it, it's worth the work

what's wrong with the door panels? I suppose you could modify those too, but what do you need out of a doorpanel. lol

well i could replace my dash since i have a black SI one. But that wouldnt look right since the entire interior is blue. Unless i get a full black si interior with door panels that have crx on them. I would like to have si seats. right now i have gsr seats,i think..thay suck. Anyway i dont want to put too much money in the car.

im threadjacking back my own thread.....

I pulled the whole cable out from the bay and everything was aok, then i took the cluster off and the speedo cable broke about a half inch of comming out the back of the cluster. So tommorow im gonna get a new one out of the u-pull-it yard by me and post up some pics prolly........

Originally posted by Speedracer228@May 5 2005, 07:03 PM

I pulled the whole cable out from the bay and everything was aok, then i took the cluster off and the speedo cable broke about a half inch of comming out the back of the cluster. So tommorow im gonna get a new one out of the u-pull-it yard by me and post up some pics prolly........
[post=495668]Quoted post[/post]​

lol sorry bout that :p how hard was it to pull cable? I dont think my cables fucked up. My last gues is the VSS. Even though i dont see how i messed it up. Depending on the day tomm i'm gonna get me another VSS.

Originally posted by Taco15+May 5 2005, 09:58 PM-->
Speedracer228
@May 5 2005, 07:03 PM

I pulled the whole cable out from the bay and everything was aok, then i took the cluster off and the speedo cable broke about a half inch of comming out the back of the cluster.  So tommorow im gonna get a new one out of the u-pull-it yard by me and post up some pics prolly........
[post=495668]Quoted post[/post]​

lol sorry bout that :p how hard was it to pull cable? I dont think my cables fucked up. My last gues is the VSS. Even though i dont see how i messed it up. Depending on the day tomm i'm gonna get me another VSS.
[post=495763]Quoted post[/post]​

probably your cable taco..never have i seen a mechanical vss fail. cable is easy to pull its just the cluster and 1 bolt under dash...the bitch is installing it(goes behind HEATER CORE) i would be sure to snake a wire or close hanger with the cable through the hole when i pull the old one out so you can install the new one easily.

the cable came out pretty easy with a small tug....

But now theres another problem. I have a new speedo cable from an automatic hatch, its 2 1/2 inches too long, i then went back and got one out of a manual 4 door ef, its an inch to short. WTF????????? all the other honda's in the yard with cable speedo's are cut or gone. The accord one is also waaaay too long.

again, i have a 90 si hatch with a b16 and y1 tranny, im assuming the cable i have came from my car stock, but lemme know if i need something else because every damn cable speedo i find isnt the right size........

four door should work just fine....also try a crx or an integra

Back