Vent--Life, Love..confusion--Long

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^ wtf

anyway...
i know 4 people who have moved far out of state for girls.
3 have come back in less than a year, and the 4th just left. i gave him 6 months.

try me the ods are not in your favor :d

damn, good one there, gotta admit that cel.

and go for fucks sake, even if the relationship crashes, it never hurts to leave your hometown for a little adventure.
think about yourself 10 or 15 years from now, thinking back upon this time, will you be thinking "damn im glad i didnt go there." or "damn, i wonder what would have come of it had i of gone?"

plus, traveling is always worth it.
hell you may pissed that you moved for her later on, but i bet you wont be made about the new things you got to see.

AZ and New Mexico are very nice states....

What's gonna make you happy? If what I wanted was in Utah, South Dakota, or the Ukraine, I would do it. I don't think you ever want to be in a position to ask yourself "what would have happened if?" or say "I wish I would have". Not an easy decision, I know, but you're probably already leaning one way or the other, and that's probably the right decision.

damn, good one there, gotta admit that cel.

and go for fucks sake, even if the relationship crashes, it never hurts to leave your hometown for a little adventure.
think about yourself 10 or 15 years from now, thinking back upon this time, will you be thinking "damn im glad i didnt go there." or "damn, i wonder what would have come of it had i of gone?"
I absolutely hate the feeling. I have it right now and it was absolutely not my fault. I can tell you it sucks, hard.

i dont, i usually went. i would be gone (out of tn) right now if it was an option. but alas, 'tis not. so im stuck trying to keep myself from clawing mine own eyes out with a fork.

Right now its not about me moving out there at this point, i can't. It's if she will come back. I'm stuck here, I have one of those second mortgages that make the 1st and 2nd mortgage worth way more then the condo is worth. She knows all this. But she also knows once that situation is cleared up, I am willing to move out of this place.

Hell i would have moved with her already if i could but i am stuck here. If i sold my condo i would have to come up with an additional 43k at closing just to break even. Just not possible at this point.

Thats what makes this hard.

So the real question here is should you try the long distance thing? If you're really in love with her and think you can deal with it, then go for it, you have nothing to lose. It's gonna be tough not seeing her often, but if the relationship survives that, then it was probably meant to be. If you aren't tempted to go out and get laid by random bar sluts, etc, and can be faithful for months on end, then go for it. If you can't, then it's time to call it quits at least for now, and see what maybe happens when you're respective situations change.

Not that anyone really cares lol but i just wanted to update/vent.

So before i had a chance to go up there she told me about a month after she moved she was never going to come back, this was in august. Of course i was crushed. but we still talked every single day and have been since. So 2 weeks ago i booked a flight to go see her. Good stuff. Well last week she hit me with this...

She has been depressed since she left and she realizes that she wants to be with me and she wants to move back! She wanted it to be a surprise but she drunk dialed me last week and spilled the beans. She already called about getting her old job back and we have been talking about getting her down here.

I have been a miserable depressed wreck since she has left and i could not be more happy now that she is coming back.

Anyways just wanted to get that off my chest

The harsh thing is that it's the sugary blade that sinks deep into your chest, feels good going in. Then it stops, and the pain comes. The damage is done.

Time to be honest with yourself.

so you still going out to CA to visit her since you already booked a flight... what part of CA is she in anyways?

long distance sucks. hope she moves back. and utah is cool for outdoorsy stuff and snow and all that but 0 night life, lived there for 22 years, nice ppl tho. ps. look out for missionaries.

Back