? Ventalation Cleaning (stinky air out the vents) ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
So.....yes indeed...I got my A/C going good in my '92 hatch with the B16

I got all this from various Recyclers in Nor-Cal

CRV B20 Bracket ($50)
'92 Civic R-12 pump/condenser/lines off pump ($140)
New rubber O-rings/bolts/belt (OEM $45)
Oiled and charged (R-12) for $60 (pretty sweet deal)

It hast been too fun (went through three condensers before I got a good one)

But it holds vacuum and now its charged (48 degrees at idle).....but it stinks

Smells like maple syrup or brown sugar (*guessing mold and nasty dust, etc)

I have been searching online for over an hour and the best fix I found is spraying deodorizer in the place where ventalation comes into the cabin from engine bay. I cannot find exactly where to spray and was hoping someone could help me out.

P.S.

I also read that you should run the vents with A/C off but I already did that on the way home from the R-12 charge

Its been over ten years without A/C in my hatch so it needs some deodorizing TLC

you're probably looking for the cabin filter.

and the crv bracket won't work.

you need a p30 del sol vtec a/c mount.

CRV bracket is on and....working. (PJ7)

No filter on my Civic...newer ones do but not my 92 (I called Honda thus morning)

Air comes in where the wipers are(the black piece on the windows). I just ran my heater full blast with fan and sprayed Lysol in there(make sure you're not in the car).

Air comes in where the wipers are(the black piece on the windows). I just ran my heater full blast with fan and sprayed Lysol in there(make sure you're not in the car).

hmm.. how would he be in the car when he's spraying something outside the car? lol... :doh:

Lol, I'm saying, don't go in the car after you spray it* You have to wait a bit unless you don't mind inhaling Lysol fumes.

I first sprayed some lysol neutralizer in the vents of the car

Started car up and turned vents on high with fresh air setting on

I did the cowl vents (need hood up to apply).

I think I'm going to try to find the inlet for the recycled air and put some deodorizer in it (I think its under the dash on passenger side)

spray lysol in the intake so it get's dispersed through the engine and into your vents

lol. I'd say take your dash off , replace/clean the filter, and run water and such through the vents. That of course if your like me and just have to always be doing something to your car.

Back