Venting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frank_Li

I’m pissed and I’ve got to vent a bit. I was getting out of the parking lot in my school one day. There was a long line to get out of the parking lot. I had been in line for almost thirty minutes and was almost out when this white civic shows up out of nowhere and tries to pull in front of me. Now you may ask what the big deal is, the big deal is that it was a very nice civic. Custom body work, some cool fender flares, it looked very clean. The driver is what set me off. Some dull, nitwitted, “I’m trying to be a thugâ€, punk ass little kid who’s leaning as far back as possible in his seat, with hand on top steering wheel, arm stretched out, in an unfortunately sorry attempt to look cool. Now you’re probably thinking “Don’t be a hater†but I’ve seen this too many times; badass cars that where paid for by mommy and daddy, nice cars whose pilots think that there new down pipe (The confused ricer term for a C.A.I) along with there high flow venom injectors give them 20 hp.
We’ve all seen them; confused, misled kids with their wanabe thug image just spewing “Mommy paid for my shit†while there civic bounces up and down. They sport there earsplitting wet fart mimicking muffler with a skewed sense of pride. If your car sounds like shit and if it’s bouncing like crazy because you half assed both the springs and the muffler then you’re a ricer. For example altezzas, when I first saw them on a civic they looked badass, I think they are nice. But now you can’t put them on because they are rice, why? You and all of us have to suffer because of those lacking shit civics, I don’t believe you are rice because you like them. Yet the lights are rice because we have seen them on rice cars (Universily loud, shit, beat, crap) the cars owned by confused kids/20 year olds. Our hobby, our sport breeds engineering, breed’s innovation, creativity, thinking, planning. That is what our sport is, but these fake car guys make us real car guys look bad. Sport compacts have a hard time getting any respect form the traditional V8 guys, why? Because of the ricers.

Hey if you are a ricer and you like it that’s cool, just don’t cut me off in a parking lot.

short story: you got pissed because some kid in a "riced out" Civic pulled out in front of you. shit...i woulda prolly waved him out and then got behind him.

Its not the car that is rice, its the Driver. Well unless they have a 40 ft 747 wing on the back...

Hey now. I drive with my hand on top of the steering wheel 40% of the time! Mostly jsut because that was explained to me by a cop and a driving school teacher that that is the only recommended way to hold the steering wheel while driving a manual transmission equipped vehicle if you need to shift gears multiple times. AKA, no bogus ticket for "Improper operation of a vehicle".

:rolleyes:

ya well, i see where u are coming from frank.

but the greatest thing about rice boys....

is to catch them in traffic and just FUCK with them.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 18 2003, 02:31 AM
Hey now. I drive with my hand on top of the steering wheel 40% of the time! Mostly jsut because that was explained to me by a cop and a driving school teacher that that is the only recommended way to hold the steering wheel while driving a manual transmission equipped vehicle if you need to shift gears multiple times. AKA, no bogus ticket for "Improper operation of a vehicle".

thats retarded. If you ever get into an accident and are holding the wheel like that when the air bag goes you'll probably end up hurting yourself

Well, sometimes we all put our hand up there but do we lean all the way back? 'till you have to tilt your head back in an attempt to see whats ahead?

Originally posted by Baker+May 18 2003, 06:04 PM-->
@May 18 2003, 02:31 AM

thats retarded. If you ever get into an accident and are holding the wheel like that when the air bag goes you'll probably end up hurting yourself

IF I actually OWNED a car that had an airbag...

Look at my sig... see anything that was airbag equipped there? Nope. Didn't think so. :)

Lol, all of your cars are pre-airbag, post Jurrasic era. :lol: Fuck airbags, they gave me scars when I totalled my 1st car. But, it did keep me from going through the window, so...

And where the hell are you supposed to put your hand when driving a 5 speed, I didn't know there was a written rule stating exactly where to put it :bash: Hold your hands at 10:00 and 2:00 when getting in an accident, I dare you. You will have scars on your arms, trust me.

AND you'll have one bent up ass steering wheel to prove where your hands were. Fuck that.

Yeah, my cars are all in the just found out about fuel injection fuel injection, fuck safety timeframe. :) I love them all. Plus, all three have Recaro designed seats in them.. Anyone see a pattern? :)

I throw the hand on top of the steering wheel, or at the bottom, depends on the situation. What I almost never do is have both, or have one on the side - even though both on in the proper technique.

I have come to let most "rice" cars get in front of me. Because, well, the bottom line is I like them in front where I can keep track of them. At least I know I'm not going to get rear ended by some faggot who is trying to switch CDs in his ghetto install stolen CD player.

Back