1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venum400 worth it or no?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by mspeedyb, Dec 29, 2003.

1. mspeedyb

mspeedyb Junior Member

Has anyone bought a venum 400 and ran it on their civic’s yet? I have been reading about this thing from the venom cites and ebay ect. But never see any user complements about this thing. Is the 25% hp increase BS? Cause I doubt just adding a venom 400 to a sohc motor bone stock will throw out fuel and air curves to produce 25% or even 15%more hp on your little civic. Who’s used them? Am I wrong by not believing every add I see in magazines and websites about this thing?

:p Yay or nay to the venum 400 plug and play :worthy:

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

theyre shit. don't buy it.

3. Joseph Davis

Joseph Davis Member

My understanding is that they fiddle TPS so that the ECU thinks you're at WOT when you aren't. Why anyone would want to do this, I don't know. If that sounds like something you'd like to pay a lot of money for, be my guest. ;)

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

5. b18c si

b18c si Junior Member

that thing sucks i runa shop with a dyno and the car made 2hp and 5lbs extra all between 6500 and 7200 the suck for the money.

6. 89_starter

89_starter Member

get a greddy e-manage. same price plus stand alone capabilities. I heard A guy with a turbo probe say it was a good deal but factory turbo has diff setup then N/A.But then again he didn't know what a boost controller was so...?

7. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

emanage is a joke. piggyback with a pretty face.

8. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

yeah dude i concur with the above statements- all venom does is make the car think you have the gas pedal pushed down further then it is...giving the feeling of the car being quicker- the best thing you can do is push the gas further down

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted