Verizon Bullshit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
so when the wife and I got close to getting married we combined our cell phones, I left cingular for verizon

I got a moto 9m Q, it's one of those cool data phones with the full keypad

I use the calender to sync with outlook, that way I can keep my schedule on my phone. Since I don't use the internet on my phone, or want to receive emails I didn't buy a data package. I was told when I purchased the phone that so long as I didn't use the internet or email functions I wouldn't be charged for data

well I just got my bill and the wife called to confirm it. My phone is literally recording the amount of data transfered when I connect my phone via USB to my desktop and sending it to verizon, verizon then bills me for connecting my cell phone to my fucking PC, both of which I own

there's no internet used here, it's like plugging you digital camera into your computer to transfer pictures. But when I do it with my cell phone they charge me for it.

what the fuck? anybody know of any programs to dummy up my phone

this thing is better then a blackberry for the purpose I bought it for

and we're talking about charging me for something that doesn't use any bandwidth, it would be like getting a bill from Kodak every time you docked your easyshare camera

dunno,

I had the last conversation documented so there should be some mention of it there. We're talking like $10/month, but if I'm still with the big V ten years from now that's $1,200. I purchased not only the phone, but also the service on the understanding that this sort of thing wouldn't happen, technically that's called "Error's and Omissions" in the sales world which is a big nono. Consumers have way more contractual rights then they know about (I'm in sales so this is basically my area of expertise), companies generally rely on our ignorance and our willingness to role over rather then actually trouble ourself.

Worse then the fact that they misrepresented their service to entice a purchase is the idea that they actually charge people for syncing their phones. The concept of it is completely asinine as the function requires no action on the part of the carrier and all components used are owned by the consumer...

I'm calling them at lunch and I'll see where it goes.

Last edited:
i fuckin hate verizon. verizon internet, land line service, and cell phone service. havnt gone a year without some bullshit. that's why i atleast have comcast internet now...

worst company in the history of telecommunitcation providers.

im a new cell customer with them... switched to them from nextel(sprint) in january... so far i have no complaints... bill is straight forward... no hidden bullshit charges... excellent coverage in all of the areas i have been in... so far im very happy with them

i deal with them on a more regular basis, because i sometimes install DSL for people because they trust me over the verizon tech lol. but sometimes verizon says that the internet is working and functional and it can be hooked up, so i drive out to the client's house and low and behold, it's not turned on yet for some reason. and tech support is always a nightmare. once, a customer had no house phone so i used more than an hours worth of minutes from my own cell phone while on tech support with verizon and atleast 8 different people in i'd say atleast 3 different countries.

then my own dsl was delayed 4 months before finally being hooked up. again, support sucked donkey balls.

then, they billed us for a whole month it was never even turned on.

i'm just happy my cellphone contract with them ended a year ago. so i'm paying month by month so i can cancel anytime. they keep sending me those "new every 2" advertisements trying to get me to sign a new agreement. fuck them! i just dont have the money yet for a new phone else i'd switch. i always have weird issues with their network. like calling someone and it doesnt ring for me... or when there's a busy signal it just hangs up half the time.

anytime you have to call verizon, it's going to suck. remember that. find a good slient movie and make yourself some food. it'll be a while.

my point exactly, as a consumer I feel my time is worth money. So, if I have to spend extra time to get a service we already agreed upon then I'm spending more money, through my time, then we agreed upon

I work for Verizon... Granted it's Verizon Business (Former MCI) so that doesn't help much. :) I've never heard of that before though, that completely sucks if they truly do charge you for data transfers between your PC and phone and it's not just some kind of misconfiguration that's counting it as network traffic.

No idea if your phone is supported, but Google for BitPim for transferring data between your PC and phone. I use it on my work-provided VX8300 and it's fantastic.

:werd:

I use Bitpim to transfer my phonebook, text messages (because I can only hold 50 in my inbox), photos, videos, and ringtones to my phone. Absolutely free and I've never had any problems.

any time you have to call ANY company for support its going to suck

My ISP kicks ass, I even called and thanked them last night for fixing the internet problems we've been having :) They moved our complex to two blades, and rerouted everything, almost didn't even notice except for a few days interent was like mollases.

Verizon's bullshit to me anyway. I have a verizon prepaid and had a verizon phone when I lived with my pops. Somehow, in order to get verizon service (contractual) I have to make a $400 deposit. I don't even know why!?!?!?

Verizon's bullshit to me anyway. I have a verizon prepaid and had a verizon phone when I lived with my pops. Somehow, in order to get verizon service (contractual) I have to make a $400 deposit. I don't even know why!?!?!?

Weird, I walked into Verizon last night, and for $10 left with a Razor on a two year, no deposit or anything.

yea it depends on your credit. AT&T is nuts with deposits. ive had some customers come in that needed 500 and 750 dollar deposits.

Back