Verizon new $2 Charge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
So i pay through Verizon's website via direct debit out of my checking account. i just confirmed now I will be getting charged $2 a payment.

Not sure if VZW hasn't learned from BOA and Netflix but people are raged and already talking about leaving. I may or may not not sure yet.

Does this bother anyone else? Are people over reacting or is it about time large companies stop nickel and diming customers?

how fucking dumb can they be to try to charge customers to pay their bills, wtf is this world coming too

I really don't know why everyone is getting upset about it. Several of the other provider out there charges to make a payment. Look at AT&T, if I'm not mistaking they charge $5. Besides, if you had auto pay setup, no matter what method, you weren't charged. It was only for one time payments using a debit or credit card.

ever try paying a credit card bill over the phone.. most of the time they wanna charge you $15 to do it

how fucking dumb can they be to try to charge customers to pay their bills, wtf is this world coming too

Every home related bill I have, has a friggin $2 to $5 dollar fee if paid online.
Sadly you can't even set it up for auto billing.

At least with Verizon they allow you to setup a checking account to auto deduct the funds.

I really don't know why everyone is getting upset about it. Several of the other provider out there charges to make a payment. Look at AT&T, if I'm not mistaking they charge $5. Besides, if you had auto pay setup, no matter what method, you weren't charged. It was only for one time payments using a debit or credit card.
i have AT&T and there is no such charge. i pay my bill every time as a one-time payment online via my debit card. i only get charged for my bill amount.

in fact all of my bills i pay online and dont get charged any fees. i hate auto payments because i never know how much money ill have in there on their payment day, im scared of over drafting so id like to have the power to tell them when to take the money.

BGE - linked to bank account (cant do credit/debit)
ATT - credit card
car payment (Chase) - linked to bank (cant do credit/debit)
insurance (Nationwide/6mo) - credit card
Comcast - credit card
EZPass - auto debited from credit card (only way you can do it without mailing a check every month)
credit card - transfer from bank account.

i write 1 check a month, rent. if i could do that online, i would. everything else is online only.

My apologizes, AT&T and T-mobile only charge the $5 if you process the payment with a live agent or at a store. Either way there were ways to avoid it, auto pay with any method or one time payment in electronic check form . Doesn't matter now, they changed their minds because if people over reacting about it. I still have more respect for then other providers, already they publicly announced it unlike other companies out there.

yeah but my payments were 1 time payments directly out of my checking account, not a debit or credit card and i called and they said they were charging for that as well.

I use online bill pay for everything else so i am not aware of other charges....how can compnaies charge you to pay your bill....that is just rediculous

VZW was one of the top 10 companies this year(looking at stock gains), right? Just another way for them to get more rich...

McD's was #1, and still has a lot of stuff on the dollar menu...other companies should take that hint.

Back