Verizons gets the iPhone, Coming this summer!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think the only thing thats going to matter in this deal is at&t is going to lose business from existing iphone owners who can't stand at&t's craptastic server anymore.

either way, i don't care.... the iphone doesn't interest me at all.

the ONLY thing the iphone is to me is a mobile internet device... i hate just about everything else about it

so the iphone means nothing to me

however if the iphone makes other companies step up their game (android) and come out with better equipment, then i am all for it

there is too much i dont like about the devices available at this time (havent checked out the nexus one yet)... i have a phone that works fine... im not that hard up about having an internet device in my pocket at all times... so i m waiting it out

I would rather just get the iPod Touch and keep my phone and service. $300 for the Touch and no monthly charges, and a lower phone bill than iPhone users. Seems like a Win-Win.

They are also getting the Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus as well. The Pre and Pixi both are getting Flash 10 and video next month as well.

I thought Verizon was CDMA only and not GSM. Isn't the iPhone GSM?

:yes:

Add to the fact that I have been on Engadget all day following CES and have not seen a thing about the iPhone going to Verizon.

Wasn't it supposed to be called something else? I remember someone had info on it and it was supposed to have a smaller screen than the current iPhone.

Anyways, if the iPhone was available for Verizon I would have got it already. What I care about is music, and right now carrying a iPod(nano) and my Env2 is a little annoying. My "New every 2" is supposed to be in a couple of weeks; I wonder if I should wait...

It's pretty simple... They release a new iPhone once a year... If they plan to support Verizon the new one will support CDMA, heeeey.

Anyways, if the iPhone was available for Verizon I would have got it already. What I care about is music, and right now carrying a iPod(nano) and my Env2 is a little annoying. My "New every 2" is supposed to be in a couple of weeks; I wonder if I should wait...

you do realize that there are literally thousands of phones with MP3 players built into them right (your Env2 is included on that list)???

Wasn't it supposed to be called something else? I remember someone had info on it and it was supposed to have a smaller screen than the current iPhone.

i'd go with the Droid .. but thats me

you do realize that there are literally thousands of phones with MP3 players built into them right (your Env2 is included on that list)???

I don't use "MP3" ;)

I have about 450 songs(even then, they're some other format IIRC, plus output quality sucks) on my Env2 right now, and it sucks scrolling or finding certain songs. Plus, it's slow too. On my iPod I have about 570 lossless songs. Pretty much anything that'll support FLAC or Apple lossless would be perfect.

They are also getting the Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus as well. The Pre and Pixi both are getting Flash 10 and video next month as well.
i knew they were getting flash but not video, thats awesome!

Back