Verizonwireless.com rant.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
I have my account set to auto pay my bill. My back account just changed and for the first time in who knows how long, maybe 2-3 years, I had to sign into my account. Sure enough I would get a "your account is temporarily unavailable" error message. 2 weeks later it still gives me that message, so I call them up and sure enough we easily track down the problem, (stupid on my part for not figuring it out) Verizonwireless.com is not compatible with Firefox. I asked the website tech guy if there was any reason they didn't support one of the largest/fastest growing web browsers next to MS, he said we just don't. I asked him who I could complain to about verizon not being up to date and only allowing people to use a very unsecure program, he told me they just use IE and there's pretty much no one to complain to about that.

I HATE having to open IE just to log into a single site here and there. Why can't major websites take notice that people have a choice to what web browser to use and to at least support the 3 largest customer based browsers out there.

I've been with verizon wireless for a good 7 or so years now, I'm thinking about switching over, not because of this, although this is a good reason because small stuff like this really bugs me. but rather it seems the quality of phone service, reception and such, has gone down over the last 2 years. I drop calls pretty often now, where 2-3 years ago I NEVER dropped calls. I even had my cell phone tested, upgraded (software) and everything checked out. Even after that I still drop calls about once every other day.

Shit, I gotta go to my cell company before they close, thanks for reminding me :)

Here's my situation:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
In June of 2007, I was on a digital cellular plan with Cellular One, unfortunately my phone ceased to function and I was forced to upgrade my plan to a GSM plan in order to get a new phone. It was cheapest for me to become an additional line on my girlfriend’s plan. When we were there to swap my plan over, all my bills were paid current, and she (the Cellular One employee) had me pay the pro-rated amount for that month in order to sign a new contract (as I could not make a new contract without having been paid up current).
I successfully upgraded my plan and my phone functioned reasonably well. I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY BILLS from Cellular One, as all billing was sent to (gf's name), until 9/18/2007 when I received Collection Notice from OSI Alaska Financial Services, stating that they were attempting to collect a debt for Cellular One in the amount of $125.79.
I then went to the local Cellular One office with this information and they proceeded to tell me that I had not paid the last month of my bill, nor the pro-rated amount for June (Both of which were paid when I upgraded my plan, and at the time, the Cellular One employee stated several times that she was having difficulty with the billing software, but finally managed to get it done by having (gf) pay the remainder of my bill). I informed the Cellular One employee that, in fact, we HAD paid those amounts already, and that I was being double-billed for the amounts. She then informed me that unless I was there to pay a bill, or start a new plan, she was incapable of doing ANYTHING and utterly incompetent, beyond being able to give me the 1-800 number of their financial services department.
I immediately called the financial services department and was greeted by a very cheerful sounding Hispanic woman who spoke English at a 3rd grade level. She very happily, yet regretfully informed me that, since the bill had already been sent to collections, I would be required to send the Collection Agency a letter of complaint, in order for Cellular One to credit those amounts back to my account. Consider this my letter of complaint.
I have been a loyal customer of Cellular One for many years, and while my phone has worked reasonably well, the customer service has been unacceptably atrocious. Countless times my bills have had errors that the Cellular One employees were “unable to correct” and I was forced to expend my own time and energies to rectify mistakes made by their billing department. If this situation is not resolved by 10/15/2007, it will negatively affect my credit score which is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. I expect this matter to be handled promptly, and the debt to be credited immediately, or LEGAL ACTION WILL BE TAKEN and a report will be filed with the Better Business Bureau along with a civil suit in small claims court for defamation of character via my credit score and lost wages during time spent fixing your mistakes. I do not wish to be required to take this matter to such extremes, but after repeatedly being abused by your unethical business practices, I am left with no other choice.

Sincerely,
Clifford Russell

Sometimes you gotta be an asshole.

verizonwireless.com always works fine in FF with me..

I'm running 2.0.0.7 The website seems to work just fine, I just have issues logging in.

also Cellular One damn that's a name I haven't heard in a long ass time.

Ya, AT&T just bought them so soon they will be no more. Even their Alaskan outposts are being conquered.

Back