1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizonwireless.com rant.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by jeffie7, Oct 2, 2007.

1. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I have my account set to auto pay my bill. My back account just changed and for the first time in who knows how long, maybe 2-3 years, I had to sign into my account. Sure enough I would get a "your account is temporarily unavailable" error message. 2 weeks later it still gives me that message, so I call them up and sure enough we easily track down the problem, (stupid on my part for not figuring it out) Verizonwireless.com is not compatible with Firefox. I asked the website tech guy if there was any reason they didn't support one of the largest/fastest growing web browsers next to MS, he said we just don't. I asked him who I could complain to about verizon not being up to date and only allowing people to use a very unsecure program, he told me they just use IE and there's pretty much no one to complain to about that.

I HATE having to open IE just to log into a single site here and there. Why can't major websites take notice that people have a choice to what web browser to use and to at least support the 3 largest customer based browsers out there.

I've been with verizon wireless for a good 7 or so years now, I'm thinking about switching over, not because of this, although this is a good reason because small stuff like this really bugs me. but rather it seems the quality of phone service, reception and such, has gone down over the last 2 years. I drop calls pretty often now, where 2-3 years ago I NEVER dropped calls. I even had my cell phone tested, upgraded (software) and everything checked out. Even after that I still drop calls about once every other day.

2. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Shit, I gotta go to my cell company before they close, thanks for reminding me :)

Here's my situation:
    Sometimes you gotta be an asshole.

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

verizonwireless.com always works fine in FF with me..

4. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

5. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I'm running 2.0.0.7 The website seems to work just fine, I just have issues logging in.

also Cellular One damn that's a name I haven't heard in a long ass time.

6. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Ya, AT&T just bought them so soon they will be no more. Even their Alaskan outposts are being conquered.

7. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted