Very disturbing article in Autoweek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is why the only electronic parts of my car will ever be the ignition, engine management, and stereo.

I want my cable clutch and my cable throttle damnit! I want to actually be in control of what my car is doing at all times, I don't need a computer to drive for me. <_<

My dad says cable advertising and one of his clients, a car repair place in Bergen County, NJ....a rich area, had some little rich prick bring in his '04 RSX type s that he blew the motor in. They were going to try to have it replaced due to manufacturer defect, too bad the car had a black box in it and it showed that the kid revved the thing out in like every guy and just blew it up.

In midwestern states I hear they're allowing the insurance company to use them for insurance purposes to lower rates....when in reality its going to tell them that everyone speeds on the highway and their rates are going to get jacked. If thats entirely true that blows for them.

Another comment was more succinct: “FOAD.” Translation for clueless bureaucrats: “F*** Off and Die.”

lol, I don't remember being interviewed.

The EVO's have had big brother since they hit the US. Total crap, you can't make a sports sedan, 300 hp and turbocharged, and then monitor it and act like they aren't going to drive the hell out of it. FUCK YOU MITSUBISHI.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 23 2004, 07:26 PM
so what take the box out its your car
[post=421277]Quoted post[/post]​

That is about as easy as saying "just take the ECU out of your car" If you were to take that out, I am 99.9999% sure that the car wouldn't run.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Nov 23 2004, 09:18 PM-->
hcivic.com
@Nov 23 2004, 07:26 PM
so what take the box out its your car
[post=421277]Quoted post[/post]​

That is about as easy as saying "just take the ECU out of your car" If you were to take that out, I am 99.9999% sure that the car wouldn't run.
[post=421372]Quoted post[/post]​

Not neccesarly although its possible...but I'm 100% sure it would void all warranties.

I'm more interested in OnSpy's other little tricks. Unlocking your car doors for example. I'm sure with a little research and a trip to my local RatShack, I could put together a gizmo that would do that for me.

Nice stereo. (Beep, beep, CLICK!) My stereo.

EDIT: Oh and I am sure that this technology will not only allow people to monitor how you drive your car, but what you put in it. Tuners beware.

Originally posted by Havok@Nov 23 2004, 12:18 PM
Another comment was more succinct: “FOAD.” Translation for clueless bureaucrats: “F*** Off and Die.”

lol, I don't remember being interviewed.

The EVO's have had big brother since they hit the US. Total crap, you can't make a sports sedan, 300 hp and turbocharged, and then monitor it and act like they aren't going to drive the hell out of it. FUCK YOU MITSUBISHI.
[post=421160]Quoted post[/post]​

eh, depends on the mitsu dealer..

FOAD!

ok seriously... the unlock this is extremely easy... you wouldnt believe it actually.... its basically a few more switches on nice sending unit....and done

then there is everything else.... but basically I have an Idea... FUCK ONSTAR!

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 23 2004, 10:38 PM
do what it takes to remove it.
place a cable throttle in the car
[post=421385]Quoted post[/post]​

Doesn't matter if the car is drive by wire a good old throttle cable, both say you Throtle position via the TPS.

Onstar equipped cars, (OBD3) all have the ability of being hacked. On a lighter note,

Oregon is testing a GPS computer now, because they claim that Hybrid vehicles aren't paying road use taxes (From the gas pumps). So with that in mind, they are trying to bill drivers BY THE MILE. When you pull up and pump $1.10 gas, it'll be great. Then you'll get a varying monthly bill for the rest. The idea is that Hybrids take up space, and road use just like gasoline cars - And that Semis have had to pay more road tax, and that the system will now work both ways.

When you hit the Oregon line, the GPS stops billing. You'll need the GPS box to authenticate at the pumps to get cheaper gas.

I love my 1981 Toyota.

-> Steve

Originally posted by asmallsol+Nov 24 2004, 11:10 AM-->
hcivic.com
@Nov 23 2004, 10:38 PM
do what it takes to remove it.
place a cable throttle in the car
[post=421385]Quoted post[/post]​

Doesn't matter if the car is drive by wire a good old throttle cable, both say you Throtle position via the TPS.
[post=421752]Quoted post[/post]​

shit i forgot about that little peice. fuck it a big hammer will fix big brother

Back