very possibly my next project..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
if the guy still has it in a few weeks

i've always wanted a VW bug since i was young.. since i'll have a garage to rebuild one i think i may buy one.. i was looking around and found this one in my area kinda

my favorite year is a '63.. but '65 is close enough.. basically the same thing

TheSamba.com :: VW Classifieds - 1965 bug

when i met my GF she had a 71 bug that had a brand new engine in it and her sister wrecked it.. well she still has the engine and an entire car to pick parts from.. so i say why the hell not.. i basically have everything to get it on the road..

Rock that thing out. Make sure you convert it to 12v if it is still 6v.

well, i gotta have a place to park it first.. since its non-op right now it cant be parked on the street.. gotta wait till i have a garage

i dont live in Alabama.. :mullet:

i need to find a flatbed i can borrow anyways.. think my little Yota can tow a trailor and bug.. i think it could

i just emailed the guy to see if he even has it still.. maybe he could hold it for me if i leave a small deposit

Bugs are really easy to work on and modify. ULTRA cheap parts too, still.

I had a 1970 Superbeetle flat window, and I hated that thing though. The bodies go ass over tea kettle during braking.

he replied and still has it.. sweet.. i think i'll check it out this weekend if it isnt raining

Get it. I wouldn't mind getting another one, someday.

I would have expected that comment from Bob Vila. Beetles do take a rollover pretty well, lol.

Back