VERY Tempting...worth an RX7? input?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
So I put up a for sale listing in craigslist to trade my 93 sedan (yes the one in my avatar) for a 89-95 civic hatchback si or 89-91 crx si because I think I'd rather have a smaller car to work with. I ended up with one guy wanting to trade me an 89 Turbo Supra for my car. He's not replying so I guess he's not interested, and NOW there's a guy that really, really wants to trade me his 86 RX7 with full suspension, full exhaust, caged, 10/10 condition interior and exterior rx7 for my sedan!! Deal is that over spring break (since we're in school) he really wants to drive halfway in between Abilene (Where i'm from) and Dallas, so we can test drive each other's car and trade! I love the pics he sent me this rx7 is nice I mean 10/10 condition for an 86 rx7 both inside and out with mods and even some 18" rims. Only thing is I've never worked with an RX7 who thinks that'd be a good idea?

I even told him about the problems with my car and he STILL wants to trade.

post the pics of the rx-7.

and if you do decide to trade, find a good mazda shop or dealer to inspect it. it would be worth the $100 to make sure it is tip top.

Here's some pics it looks nice

RX7_exterior.gif

RX7_interior.gif

RX7_enginebay.gif

RX7_cage.gif

I'm surprised that he wants to trade me this. He says all it needs is a fuel pump, which will have to be fixed before we trade so we can meet half-way and test drive, exchange titles, etc.. he says he already pulled a B17 from an Integra for this project so I guess it's a go.

If it has more than 100,000 miles on the stock motor stay away. I had two RX7's before my civic and they both ended in tragedy. The rotary needs to be rebuilt every 100,000 miles. That's probably why this guy wants to get rid of it so fast.

Back