Vet lost out dog :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Vet lost out dog :( UPDATE!!!!!

Here's the story:

Friday at about 3:30 Beth calls me up hysterically crying. I asked her whats up. She tells me the vet lost the dog. I wasnt sure what she meant by lost, could be dead or just lost, so I told her to explain lost to me. She told me that the vet went to take Cheddar to start her checkup and when she went to walk her outside she lost her. I asked her how, she told me that Cheddar wouldnt just go right out with the lady so the lady started tugging on the leash. Cheddar wouldnt budge so she pulled harder, it ended up pulling the harness right off of Cheddar. Then Cheddar ran......They tried to catch her right away but the dog was terrified and just kept on going.

They chased her for a half hour or so, about the time they gave up I was just showing up. I went to the vet first, I asked them what happened, calmly I should add too. The lady told me:
WELL, what she did was, she uhhhhhh. I said, she who? She says, OH Cheddar. She wouldnt go so I tried to tug her out the door a lil and what she did was she broke the harness and she took off. She kept saying she, I'm not adding that part, thats really how she said it to me. Making like its the dogs f*ckin fault :(
I asked her how a 15lbs dog breaks a dog harness? She said she didnt know so I asked her where Beth and the other vets were. She told me the other vets are back now and they last seen her in the cemetary. I drove right over there and started searching.....After an hour and a half, we hadnt seen a single sign of her anywhere. It began to snow HEAVILY!!! I drove back over to the vet.

I went inside and asked why they are not outside looking for her anymore. The vet then came out from the back and introduced herself to me. At no point did ANYONE apologize to me for what happened, not the vet or receptionists!!! The vet told me they had the whole office out looking for an hour and that they didnt know where to look anymore. I told her if I knew where to look, I would just go grab her!! :aggressive: I told her that this is their responsibility and I would expect more from them to rescue the dog they lost. She told me that the harness broke, there was nothing they could do. As she told me that though, she picked it up quick off the counter and put it right back down. I snatched it off the counter, I hadnt seen it yet and she tried to quick grab it back. I was NOT letting it go and sure enough, it was FINE!!! Not a shredded thread on the WHOLE THING!!! She told me, get ready for this, that I need to understand that this kinda thing can happen with dogs. That they break their harnesses and run away all the time. :lol: I laughed in this Beotches face and told her I didnt know there was such a ris bringing my dog to the vet. I told her that I will not accept that this kinda thing just happens and I should deal with it, she told me thats not what she said and I told her that yes it basically is....

At this point there was a lot of yelling on my part, dont remember the exact words, but there was a room full of customers. I asked for my money back from that days visit as well as the money for the 1 dogs surgery from the day before. She looked at me like I was crazy!!! Then she asked me why. I lost it.. I said, are you serious? You think I'm actually going to pay you after this!!!!! She said well the other dog is fine and the surgery went well yesterday, thats a seperate deal. I told her fine, I will just call my bank and stop payment on the check in the AM.

I then left the vet screaming out the door and slamming crap. I was out of my mind angry at this point, they just didnt give a sh!t about my dog.....
Beth and I were in the parking lot, I was talking to my father on the cell. They left NJ to come up and help us search. Now the vet comes outside. She hands me a check for 341, that was yesterdays visit total. She says, and I quote, "There, now we're even, you can leave the parking lot now that you're not a customer anymore!". :huh: :blink: If I wasnt a nice person with tons to lose I would've hauled off and knocked that Beotch out right there!!! I could not believe the treatment we were getting from this place!!

We kept searching and searching, I made flyers that we hung up everywhere. On the flyers we put that the East Burg Vet Hospital lost our dog and didnt care!! WE'll get the word out somehow right!!

The vet called the next morning and asked us if we heard anything. We told her no, she told us that they went out last night and put up flyers with a reward posted and they also searched the area. I dont know how much of it I believe but at least they realized that they're fully responsible and need to start doing something.

I prolly forgot some small details here or there, but you get the idea of what this POS vet did to us. :( :( :(

I called the PA Board of Vets this morning to file a claim against them. They violated 4 different rules/regulations I read on the state laws site. I'm also filing a suit with the small claims court. I'm hoping the state board files a claim and rules against them so I can use that in a civil suit against them. I'd like to either have their license revoked or at least have them install a pen to walk the dogs so this doesnt happen again.

Slushbox: I'm honestly not sure if we're going to get rid of Minnie after this now. I'll keep you posted, sorry for getting your hopes up if we decide to keep her.

Last edited:
damn, that sucks

how could they try and tell you your 15 lb dog BROKE the harness after they were yanking on the leash?
that some bullshit

I dont think they knew that Beth was watching her out the window and seen what she was doing with the dog.

We called the paper, local news and local radio. We're trying to get the shut down somehow.....

That blows donkey dick. Hell If I wasn't so against sue happy american's, I'd say take em to court. You can't put a price on a loved one.

i'd take 'em to court, not because i'm sue happy, but because of how they handled the situation.

what if it was some pure bred something or other worth 20 grand?

Technically it is. The mother and father are pure bred Min-Pin and Doxie. Its a mix but of 2 pure bred dogs.

I'm definately not sue happy, but I'm sure pissed off at how they treated us. How do they expect us to be return customers if they lose the customer? :(

I dont think they knew that Beth was watching her out the window and seen what she was doing with the dog.

We called the paper, local news and local radio. We're trying to get the shut down somehow.....
lmao, they fucked with the wrong guy
average satisfied customer will tell 1-3 people
average dissatisfied customer will tell 7-10 people
you (aka angry customer)... well you'll tell the whole fucking country
lol

I'm working on making sure EVERYONE in the area know how shitty they are and that they couldnt care less once they get your money :(

Pray for Cheddar!!!
cheddar1.jpg

WTF?!?! they said that dog broke the leash?!?!? sorry to hear ..

damn man...i think you handled that situation better than i would have...i prollie would have left in cuffs...i think of my dog as my child...and if you lose my child...youre getting an ass whoopin...thats like taking your baby for a check up and they say, "o we lost the baby...he just crawled out the door...."

The problem is there is only 1 male working there. I cant bring myself to hit a woman as deserving as this bitch was of it. I would love to lash out on the 1 man there or the building, but I have to much to lose. My wife just stopped working and we have a baby coming in 3 months. I cant afford to get locked up right now. I'm trying the legal approach, if that doesnt work, :ph34r:

Edit: This dog is FAST!! No joke. These lil fuckers can run man. I cant even catch the one lil guy running around my backyard. They never seem to get tired either.

Mini's have a full sized dogs heart, thats the rumor anyway. Which is why they're so hyper and energetic.

Someone just called Beth and told her they saw Cheddar last night in their apartment complex. She just ran down there to go door-to-door and see if anyone has her.

Damn, this whole situation you're in sucks. I wish you the best of luck on finding your dog and not leaving any traces when you run that bitch at the Vet's office over.

tell them your filing a claim against their insurance for the price of a new like kind and quality (sorry that's an insurance term) dog, then gather all the vet bills incurred from the inception of dog ownership and claim those too.

then they can pay higher insurance rates for the next 3 years and think about how they made you feel.

and after looking at that picture why couldn't they just carry the fucking dog?

Thank you, I knew I wasnt the only person out there with a brain. She weighs 15lbs, carry her over to the grass!!! :(

I filed a complaint with the Board Of Veterinary Medicine in PA, in the desired resolution box I put that I would like her license revoked and her business closed. Whether that happens or not is not up to me. BUT I did file against her AND her business so hopefully they do something.

Back