vibrates just untill i reach 45 mph...then smooth as glass

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

I just started to notice that when I drive below 45 mph It really vibrates in the rear...Can hondas get a rear alignment? I don't evens know...But after I hit 45 mph its really smooth sailing...And also every thing sounds like real dry...like bearings and such...Any ideas? Maybe its the rear wheel bearings?? Brake caliper hanging up?? ANYTHING??

if it makes a humming noise from the rear it could be a rear wheel bearing.
but if it vibrates it could be an unbalanced tire or a bent rim.

yep sounds like your classic shifted belt. a bent rim will wobble at ANY speed but a shifted belt is more felt at slower speeds. could still be a bad wheel bearign as far as nose goes. but not AS likely it will cause your car to vibrate unless your wheel is ready to fall off. jack up the back end. grab the tire, one hand on top and one hand on bottom and push the top in., then bottom in, and see if you feel any play . then spin the wheel and let it freewheel. see if ya hear anything besides the pads just barely scuffin the rotor as it goes around! hope that get ya goin! :)

Back