Vibration in my steering wheel?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just got new rims and tires on my 92 civic hatchback, and when my friend put them on he did not put them on tight enough and the front left tire came off in the street! My control are hit the ground hard my tire held the car up by the fender (had to get a new fender). So when I drive there is a slight vibration in my steering wheel.

>I compare the drive of my car to the drive of my sister's car a 2003 Accord, is that wrong since my car is 11 years older? Sorry if that seems like a dumb quetion to ask, but I like my car to drive as smooth as it can.

>What do I need to do to fix this, will it be hard?

>If I can't do it how much will it cost?

:rotflmao: :doh2: that really isn't that funny. odds are you bent the control arm, maybe a little more than that. i would suggest an alignment. might need to replace the parts. if you got new wheels and tires, then i would get them re-balanced if it's shaky.

maybe $100 for the control arm and suspension stuff. if you can do it yourself that is. then $40 for the wheel balance. probably $60 or so for a decent alignment.

your NOS bottle was too heavy.

really though, take it to an alignment shop. they can tell what is bent.

more than likely knocked it out of alignment. Second guess would be either the wheel/tire is out of balance or you tweaked the rim when that happened. (bent/warped)

Back