vibration on acceleration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

the car in question is my girl's B20vtec/GSR swapped EK hatch. Its got a really pronounced vibration on acceleration only, the harder you accelerate the worse the vibration. Coasting and decel are fine, no issues. I got the car from a buddy of mine who did the swap, he said it's always been like that ever since the swap. Is this most likely to be an axle/midshaft or motor mount problem?

Sounds like a motor mount

Edit: or bad axle. I blew a hole in my Matrix axle and it was doing the same thing. It was fine under an easy cruise but when I would accelerate hard it would wobble/vibrate pretty badly. Check the axles and motor mounts.

also check if the axels are shakin around, maybe a bent axel?

i saw put it on a lift and run it and see if any of the axels are shakin

axle, motor mounts, check to see if the wheel lugs are tight. haha, seen that happen to.

do u have aftermarket wheels? maybe they r missing hub centric rings (leaving too much gap between the hub and the hub bore hole on the rim), thats happened to me in a audi before.

i doubt it would be a wheel issue because like i said it only does it when i'm in the throttle. I would think a wheel issue would do it all the time whenever the car is rolling

i noticed today it doesnt just shake front to back or up & down, it's more of a side-side/diagonal shimmy- makes me think motor mount... or poorly machined axles binding up, I've had that prob i dunno how many times with replacement axles (mostly napa lifetimes :rolleyes: )

will be checking the car out tomorrow

Back