Vibration while turning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

droszyk

I did the whole EK9 H22 swap and everything is running fine and the car is now pretty fast. The only issue that I have is that when I make right turns onto on/off ramps and whatnot at higher speed the car shakes and vibrates violently. Making a left turn its just fine. No vibration at all. I changed out the suspension and the problem still exists. Could it be just that I need an alignment or what? Any help would help a lot.

I plan on getting an alignment because of the new suspension but how would I be able to tell if the bearings or axle shaft are bad or need replacement?

well i know my old accord when it was on the jack the tire would wobble if you tried moving it from the top of the tire horribly (in and out from the top and bottom) not really sure of a good sure fire way to check though

Check the axles. I've had plenty of cases where my alightment was wayy off, and it never shook "violently". Perhaps an axle isn't seated all the way into the trans. When you make a turn, the CV will stretch. If the snap ring isn't set in the differential, than the end of the axle will pull out a little in a turn. That will definitely cause a violent vibration.

Probably isn't a bearing cuz he would be able to hear it at all times not not just when he turns. So most likely axle problem or the alignment.

Figured it out. I purchased Hasport axles, and they are compatable with Hasport mounts. The mounts I used came with the engine. So one axle is to long and the other one is two short. So, I have to get new ones that will fit. :|

Back