Vick being traded?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

k. You got me on that one. He has come into his own, and is performing as expected. He is the exception to the rule that running quarterbacks should be extinct.

Vick is a great qb. He just isn't as effective as a rusher, as he should be as a qb. It's hard to explain, atleast in my head, but like he doesn't have the line to give him much of a pocket to pass out of, his receivers can't catch, so he runs. It's not as effective in putting points on the board, as a pocket qb is.

Steve Young, much? He was running all over the league before he left due to concussions. Then again, he's the poster boy for my dream team and was always the most fun for me to watch.

Michael Vick is the black Steve Young with a lesser arm and greater athleticism.

lesser arm?? seriously? Vick can throw. Maybe lesser accuracy wise but that guy can bomb it.

lesser arm?? seriously? Vick can throw. Maybe lesser accuracy wise but that guy can bomb it.
thats the problem though, everything is a bomb. he only has one speed, 100%. he had a lot of incompletions and dropped balls form just throwing too hard. he would be inaccurate or the receivers would have trouble catching them.

in high school, i was starting quarterback because i could make completions being accurate and being able to vary my velocity. i'll admit, my backup could throw harder and farther, but he was inaccurate and the receivers had a hard time catching his passes.

Makes sense unfortunately.

You know your athletic ability is less, but you play smarter?

Makes sense unfortunately.

You know your athletic ability is less, but you play smarter?
kinda, i was a lot smarter. i could read defenses better, more mobile in the pocket and outside when plays would break down, and had better completion percentage on passes under 20 yards. He would just launch the ball and throw a lot of incompletes and ints. not a tough choice for a coach that wants to win. plus we had 2 1100 yard rushers my senior year so my job was to take care of the ball and loosen defenses. i didn't have to win games with my arm. plus our defense was sick. oh well, those were the glory days.

k. You got me on that one. He has come into his own, and is performing as expected.

Wrong again, experts saw Young as a great college QB with poor mechanics (he throws side arm and near the bottom of his stride) and not as good on the ground as Vick. Everybody was wrong. They forgot to consider what USC forgot to consider in the National Title Game, Vince Young makes plays, period.

And who the fuck said Mike Vick was like Steve Young? Steve Young had a rocket arm that was laser accurate, and could still run on the ground... kind like another QB with the last name Young we've been talking about

End Point: Vince Young is what Mike Vick fans want Vick to be

I agree with someone on here, but I don't recall who it was. Probalby Silverchild because he is so into football. Regardless, I think Vince Young is going to be the next big thing. He's pretty solid and an incredible athlete at that. Although he's more of a running QB than a pocket passer, he is no pussy. He will take a lick if needed.

Last edited:
I agree with someone on here, but I don't recall who it was. Probalby Silverchild because he is so into football. Regardless, I think Vince Young is going to be the next big thing. He's pretty solid and an incredible athlete at that. Although he's more of a running QB than a pocket passer, he is no pussy. He will take a lick if needed.
that's the thing though, vick was the second coming. his second year in the league he had 2800 yards passing and 900 rushing. 22 total td's and only 8 int's. everybody was on the vick bandwagon just like they are riding VY. only time will tell. i'm going to sit back a while before i start riding the bandwagon.

And who the fuck said Mike Vick was like Steve Young? Steve Young had a rocket arm that was laser accurate, and could still run on the ground... kind like another QB with the last name Young we've been talking about

End Point: Vince Young is what Mike Vick fans want Vick to be

Come on now, you have to read what I wrote to start off the discussion.

It was about how they played. I clearly noted Steve Young had the arm of a god, he's my boy, but that Vick is more athletic overall. Steve Young could fill the seats of a stadium and be entertaining to watch, while producing which was my major point to whoever said that you have to be a pocket passer to be successful.

Someone else tried to say that Vick's arm is as good as Steve Young's which is absurd. Young was able to keep up with the rockets that were being thrown by Brett Farve in his Farve's hayday, Young was far more accurate, and way more consistent.

hey, i was merely saying he can throw deep and hard like Young, never said he was as good. lol

I still stand by my other post, Young is the next Vick. He had a good last half of the season, so what. He had a record of 8-5, only through td's in 8 games totalling 12 with 13 int's, 12 fumbles, rating of 66.7 *cough* worst rating in the nfl *cough* He had a mediocre season, nothing spectacular. Yeah he had his moments, but everyone does. Im not buying into the hype :p

yes but he led a bad team to a 6-0 run and pulled victory from the jaws of defeat serveral times in Brady-esk fashion. I think that's where he impressed people

well one of those games was all d, he sucked ass. The giants game was due to well... kiwanuka being a pussy and not tackling him, some bad tackling and poor coverage in the 4th quarter. Then again, it was a makeshift d he was against and well... the giants sucked this year but not to downplay it, he did lead a good comeback.

im not sayin he isnt good, but come on guys.. all we say is merely taking a shot in the dark.. it could all change. Lets see what he does next year once teams and coaches adapt to his style of play and learn how to shut him down.

Back