Vid Cam Mounted on Harness Bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

Are there any laws against driving with a video cam mounted on a harness bar on the highways and street? I mean, the cops use a cam, would it legally apply to the everyday civilian?

It's legal for tourists to shoot video while they're walking around right? It all depends on what you do with the video later, if you're shooting in a place that's illegal, and if you're filming people who have expressly told you that they don't want to be filmed. Whether or not it's mounted in your car shouldn't really matter.

Don't let the cops see the videos of your hooker.

a video is not illegal but if you choose to street race and be a dumb ass a cop can take the camera and use the film against you

I got pulled over once in high school with a camera on the roof of my car.....the cop was not amused, but could not find any reason to ticket me for it other than a $46 fix-it ticket for a lexan license plate cover. So as long as you are not a high school kid doing dumb shit in a 300 HP car, you should be fine, but even then I don't think it is totally illegal. :D

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 23 2004, 01:42 AM
a video is not illegal but if you choose to street race and be a dumb ass a cop can take the camera and use the film against you
[post=436280]Quoted post[/post]​

That happened in MA last summer with a caravan of kids in VW's on their way to Waterfest in NJ. They were slaloming between the construction cones along the Mass. Pike. Sadly they failed to notice the state trooper parked at the beginning of the construction zone. lol.

I suppose that it may seem cool to video pranks a la the Jackass movies.... but just try very very hard to resist those urges. Immature people seem to get more out control when there is the potential for a wider audience and possible fame...

Originally posted by tab@Dec 22 2004, 11:52 PM
Don't let the cops see the videos of your hooker.
[post=436255]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah they may want to trade videos with you. The cops here were having a contest to see how many "scores" they could record on the hoods of their patrol cars. They were trading the videos recorded on their dash cams with each other.

Back