1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Cards

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by endlesszeal, Nov 28, 2007.

1. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

I see a lot of people starting to build their own computers. I guess thats a sign I should finish my DIY guide :p.

Anyway, for anyone thinking of moderate to heavy gaming, I HEAVILY suggest the Nvidia 8800GT.

Heres why:
    AnandTech: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT: The Only Card That Matters

8600GTS cost about 170-180 dollars.
    8800GT cost about 220-240 dollars.

For 23% more money, you get up to more than 400% more performance. It provides the best bang for buck for any graphic card out there. It almost matches the 8800GTX that costs $550 !!

The only competition is the ATI 3XXX series but not until they knock the price down a few more dollars.

2. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

Not that im a fan of any vid cards, but till ATI comes out with a Chipset on the mobo worth buying, N's gunna have them by the balls!

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

If it's taking you forever to finish a guide, then all your information is going to be obsolete! Just head over to the system building guides that Anandtech and HardOCP put together. They're updated every quarter and contain quite a bit of good information.

Anyone want my eVGA 8800GTS 320MB SuperClocked for $165 shipped?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted