Video of Joel Stop Him for you guys...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, time for some constructive criticism... if you don't want to hear it, click here

:)

ok good, you're still here.

now, mind you, i'm a "musician" too. i've been playing guitar for years and know my way around hard music.

first the good. :)

you guys seem tight. no one seems to get lost or anything in the song or late on a change-up.

songs are pretty good. with some tweaks, i can def. see them being non-singles on a popular album. but, neither of those would make me want to buy the cd. sure, i'll listen to 'em... but there's something lacking. its kinda the same way i feel about seether. I like them, but there's just something 'not there' about them... but as an overall sound, i think its good. kinda tool-ish, kinda killswitch-ish, but not as fast...

ok, now the bad :ph34r:

first thing i noticed "why the fuck is he playing a strat?" and then i see the fender (or some other gray 2x12 looking thing) amp in the back ground. and then i hear the god aweful tone of a strat when it tries to be heavy. :shiver: seriously, he needs new gear and a different tone if hes going to play that kind of metal. strats are for classic rock and blues. if metallica or ozzy played strats.... lol
when he stopped and the rythym guitar was just playing, the sound quality was so much better. (yes, i realize its not a 'quality' recording- but i can still tell.)

next time you have a gig, you need to fuck the singers g/f or sister or something. maybe if he was actually pissed off about something, he would put forth a little more effort to sound pissed off. i was ready to dial 9 wah wah for him in the first track.

stage presence. it looks like you all are "trying too hard to be a rock star". the movements look fake and orchastrated, not natural and into the music. although, the robot man that the singer does in track 2 got a chuckle out of me. but is that really what the song is about? no. i want to be up there screaming my brains out with him. FUCK THIS! FUCK THAT!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GROWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLl
lol

beast with 2 backs... or band with 4 backs???
you guys seem to be playing for each other-- not for the camera/auidence. 90% of the time, lead strat guy has his back turned to us. singer was all over the place, but he too had the vibe that he was in a practice session more than anything.
I was guilty of the same thing but found it was much easier to stick with the rest of the guys when we had eye contact.. but once you guys get really tight, you need to focus on the crowd more and less on each other. your singer sound be the conductor... when he dips his head down, thats when the riff hits. shit like that. you need to follow one guy and keep an eye on him.

track 2, would sound twice as bad ass if you worked in a double-bass run.... like in between the loud part of the right...
guitars go da-da bah da da (double roll... dekide deckdide *crash*) lol.. kinda hard to explain. im sure you'll feel it though. and it will fill in the dead guitar spot pimptacularly :)

track 2, after the bridge, i thought you guys started playing a godsmack tune. heh

get another mic for one of your other guys. there's plenty of spots in both those tracks that would fill great with a minor 3rd thrown on top of the vocal-- or even, a dual-battle kinda thing, like linkin park does with their two guys. it seems like the lead singer was singing stuff that would have been better off being usng by a background guy while lead was doing a scream or something layed on top...

ok, im done harrasing you. :)

whens the next vid?

pick a genre imo

very few bands can pull off what your lead singer is trying to do.

do i wanna be rap metal/nu metal/emo/screamo/hardcore/or a singer

its good to have variety, but not all in the same song imo lol

:D

i enjoyed the music, but it seems like the lead singer had torettes.. not vocally, but physically.. he goes into a "fit" at about 6:20

Back