views of the army reserve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

while at work a recruiter stopped and tried to get me to sign up.... i was wondering what everyones view of the reserve?

Cool if you are looking for college money, or you have a flexible work schedule. My buddy is in the Marine reserves. He says it is really a character builder. If anything, it is worth it for the training you receive. You are basically taught how to do cool things like combat training, weapons training, physical fitness, all you have to do is give up your time for boot camp, and you still get paid for your one weeeknd a month, while still having your regular life. The downside, you go to war if they need you; my buddy was in Iraq for like 6 months or so, I think. Anyway, he hasn't had a LOT of complaints, and he is finishing his school.

i want to to go to school and i am now thinking about ti for the extra cash but i dont want to got to war....

You get paid to be a reserve for a reason. If there is a war, you very well might be called upon to serve our country. Your chances of dying are very slim. I know a couple of people that did it, and liked it.

:shrug2:

i think you would be apussy if you joined the reserves, be a man go active. I was plannin on it until i got sick and was sent home against my will.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 24 2004, 06:10 PM
i think you would be apussy if you joined the reserves, be a man go active. I was plannin on it until i got sick and was sent home against my will.

not everyone wants to leave a family to go full time.

i would rather join reserve; you can do your own thing till you're needed; instead of waiting on the base doing nothing(unless there is a conflict somewhere, even then if you are need you will be called up).

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 25 2004, 12:10 AM

Hmmm. first deployed now a days are Guard and Reserve, doesn't sound like pussies to me.

Back