Vintage Newbie checking in

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rotorhead

Been lurking around the site, thought i'd join and and see what everyone else is up to. Have questions that i'll seek answers to. New to computers and forums so i'll try not to act to stupid. As you can tell from my profile, I'm a little long in the tooth and find myself infected with the (honda) disease. Did one swap already, B16A into my 1991 CRX Si. Grew up in the muscle car era but never really worked on cars. Always a biker building chops. Hondas I find are very easy to work on and fit well into my limited budget. Will post more once I feel my way around. Still trying to decipher some of the lingo!

Heyo!
Finally a new member that can fucking type! You will fit in fine here, most of us are into hondas because it fits our budgets too =)

welcome aboard. i dont own a Honda anymore but i still hang out here. im pretty much the resident minitrucker...other than reckedracing. lol. anywho...welcome!! :)

helicopter???

and howdy. :)
Yeah, Got drafted in '69. Went to Fort Rucker, from there did a tour in RVN as an aeroscout in loachs (OH-6) and jet rangers (OH-58). Joined The Guard twenty years later. Flying was great but everything else reminded me of all I hated. I didn't last!

You are joking,......... Right?
joking about which?
the snow? or enjoying it?
i've got some winter toys that haven't seen much snow in the last few years so i'm hoping for a horrible(to most) winter

joking about which?
the snow? or enjoying it?
i've got some winter toys that haven't seen much snow in the last few years so i'm hoping for a horrible(to most) winter
No, no winter toys. Unless you can get on the trails from where you live, I can't justify spending money on a sled. I don't enjoy spending money on heating fuel trying to stay warm, I don't enjoy not being able to ride or drive my good weather cars, and I don't enjoy not being able to stay outside all day or night. Last year a bunch of us went mountain climbing up in Warren county which was pretty cool, literally.

drafted in 69...so your about 55....damn...I'm no longer the old fart here.

I build and test Sikorsky's fine line of s-76's and s-92's as a service mech. Had my share of the blackhawks and seahawks..they got old and boring after a few years.

Welcome to the site.

drafted in 69...so your about 55....damn...I'm no longer the old fart here.

I build and test Sikorsky's fine line of s-76's and s-92's as a service mech. Had my share of the blackhawks and seahawks..they got old and boring after a few years.

Welcome to the site.
With all those posts....................When do you find time to WORK?

I just moved back from NC. Winter > sweaty balls. I didn't enjoy spending my money on trying to keep cool. ;) Welcome tho!

last and only time I was in New York I could swear I was in the Adirondacks. It was nice and quiet.
Anyway. welcome

last and only time I was in New York I could swear I was in the Adirondacks. It was nice and quiet.
Anyway. welcome
I agree, the Adirondacks make living in New York bearable. My brother has a summer camp on a small lake adjacent to Lake George fifty miles north of me. Great roads for bikes or cars.

Back