Viper ACR new Nurburgring record holder

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
And of course, the radicals and the gumpert are ahead of the Viper on the list, but realistically, they are only road legal in select areas of the world, so i don't count them, and most other's don't either. E does and i'm sure he'll comment about how they are a road legal car....
you decide. it's a gt1 with a cat and quieter exhaust car if you ask me.
Radical Sports Cars - Radical SR8 RX

The gumpert was done by sport auto, which test on normal days where you can't hot lap the track-- have to exit to the toll gate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_auto_%28Germany%29
says its 7 seconds on average missing.

List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
B said:
raw power and a skilled driver wins every time.

The Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires and 1000lbs worth of downforce the wing and splitter provide probably help a lot too. ;)

Last edited:
I know they're legal, and like you said, barely. Haha I checked em out back when I worked at DTD. They recommend shaving them down from an already low 6/32 to an insane 4/32 for competition. I wonder how low they were for for the big lap. They're barely even legal for California use, not that anyone is really driving them around on the streets.

From the California Vehicle Code online:

(1) One thirty-second(1/32)of an inch tread depth in any two adjacentgrooves atany location of thetire, except as provided in paragraphs (2) and (3). (2) Four thirty-second (4/32) of an inch tread depth at all points in all major grooves on a tire on the steering axle of any motor vehicle specified in Section 34500, and two thirty-second (2/32) of an inch tread depth at all points in all major grooves on all other tires on the axles of these vehicles. (3) Six thirty-second(6/32)of an inch tread depth at all points in all major grooves on snow tires used in lieu of tire traction devices in posted tire traction device control areas.

I'd love an ACR. Beautifully designed and obviously a true performer. But tire and brake upkeep would be killer.

Congratulations to Viper for being the fastest "production car", ('10 Dodge Viper ACR - 7:12.13 - short 20,600 m lap)... as long as you don't count the 3 other production cars that have already set 3 track records that are up to 24 seconds faster (7:11.57, 6:55, 6:48 - short 20,600 m lap)
so congrats for coming in 4th place...

winnerspop.jpg

And while we are here...
Congratulations to Radical for STILL being the fastest and second fastest road legal production cars around that track (Radical SR8 LM - 6:48 - short 20,600 m lap / Radical SR8 - 6:55 - short 20,600 m lap)

Congratulations to Gumpert for being the fastest closed cockpit road legal production car, and third fastest all around production car on that track (Gumpert Apollo Sport - 7:11.57 - short 20,600 m lap)

Congratulations to Pagani for being faster than the Radical with your non-road legal car (Pagani Zonda R - 6:47.50 - full 20,832 m lap)... and not trying to claim the road legal production car record...
unlike those lying bitches over at Ferrari who tried claiming the road legal production car record last year with a 10 second slower time in a non road legal car (Ferrari 599XX - 6:58.16 - full 20,832 m lap)

and last but certainly not least...
I'd like to express an honest congratulations to Porsche and Stefan Bellof, for running a staggeringly fast qualifying lap with the Porsche 959 back in 1983 and setting a record that has stood unchallenged for 28 years (6:11.13 - full 20,832 m lap)
:worthy:

Last edited:
I'm no expert but it looked like that Viper really wanted to get away from him.

I could'nt help but notice the steering wheel constantly jerking violently.
That's got to take some balls to tango with a beast like that. :shocked:

fucking right im going to comment on it
IT IS NOT THE FASTEST ROAD LEGAL CAR ON THE RING
claiming that it is, is like claiming you are the fastest marathon runner as long as you don't count Kenyans and Ethiopians... its a bullshit claim

just because it isn't road legal in the US doesn't mean much of anything either... first, the Nürburgring is not in the US so our road legal standards mean exactly fuck all... and second, there are tons of cars that are not legal here... from super cars, to micro compact fuel sippers... it doesn't make them any less legitimate... in fact it often makes them more sought after

the Viper's time is absolutely impressive... but to claim that it is the fastest road legal production car lap is simply inaccurate... regardless of whether you view the 3 cars that have run faster times as legitimate road legal production cars or not

Last edited:
I think what we need here is a Dodge self-applied asterisk. Where the asterisk denotes it streets of America legal production car. Im sure thats their feelings on it.

There's so much driver skill/error involved with a track as long as the ring. I think a much shorter course provides a better comparison point between cars.

Did you see the shifter flying around every once in a while? It had a few violent jerks.

I would love to see an Ariel Atom on that track. Not sure how well it would do but I know it beat a nice race bike at Infineon (youtube of a Top Gear show)

Back