VIPER auto security with keyless entry

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

i was wondering what you guys thought of the viper series car alarms.
now normaly i hate car alarms,but i think its time.there is a lot of cars being stolen in my area"mine was broken into a while back" .so the deal is i get the 6 tone siren,flashing parking lights,illuminated entry.and free installation for $230 plus a $20 rebate from best buy. sound like a good deal ?

doesn't sound like a rip off. Sounds like a decent deal. I'd go for the optional battery backup and interior siren.

I think battery backup keeps the alarm armed if someone manages to pop the hood, and disconnect the battery. Interior alarm blasts the ever-loving crap out of the would be thief's ears if he happens to get into the car somehow.

car alarms are a little annoying to me, but a good theft device. but what i really want is the car alarm that shoots flames from under the car when the alarm goes off. :D

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 10 2004, 01:55 PM
car alarms are a little annoying to me, but a good theft device. but what i really want is the car alarm that shoots flames from under the car when the alarm goes off. :D

yeah i saw that on real tv. i think im going to do it,i just dont know if i trust the "Team" at best buy with there "skillz" eh,what do i know .i just dont want a wiring disaster like my neighbor down the street.It cost him more to have it removed then bought and installed.

I had one installed by "pros" before. I believe it was wired right, but they failed to mention that the "brain" tended to be a piece of shit that would go off for no good reason.

$350, and I had to disconnect it.

Battery backup- What it sounds like. Alternative power source for your alarm system. If used properly, there would be no break of alarm even if the battery was disconnected.

Battery backup siren- If the alarm is triggered, and the power is cut, it will continue to siren until the alarm gets power and is disarmed, or a optional key is inserted and manually turns off the siren. I have one of these in my interior. Better bring earplugs motherfucker.

I bought a cheap battery backup siren off Ebay. It was worthless. It chirped every time I stepped on the brake or caused a juice bump. Very annoying. Buy a good one the first time.

If you PM me, I have a good idea for modifying lugnuts so you're wheels are harder to steal.

I put a lot of thought into this stuff. I don't care if the alarm licks your balls. The idea is to make someone elses car less painful or more appealing to steal from. Tools, earplugs, and knowledge are all required to disable my shit.

another option is to get one of those steering hubs that you can remove the wheel.
i dont know if it would work on my grant gt wheel though."be kinda funny to carry around a backpack like i was in school again. :D but 2 thumbs up to whome ever thought that one up.

The biggest things you want are a hood pin, hatch/trunk pin, and separate door pins, along with glass shatter sensors, and a tilt sensor and ofcourse a non-keyed back up siren.

I'm saving for my ideal alarm, Its about 300 for the basic plus 200 in goodies to make it more theft deterrent. One time on my old civic I did this and yeah it never got messed with more then once. Some kid kicked the car, alarm went off, tons of people saw him standing, I would have pressed charges but no visible damage was there. No one else touched my shit.

On my next alarm I'm getting this black box siren that is mysteriously mounted inside the cabin of the car, and when it goes off, it won't turn off unless the brain sends it a signal to. So if someone cuts the power to the battery it won't turn off. And if they cut thebrain the back up won't turn off because it runs on internal batteries. Its like 120 bucks or so installed at Magnolia Hi Fi and is only Clifford compliant I believe. The only thing that sucks is if you remove your battery while the alarm is set 1x then the back up will go off for like 4 hours or so.

wait, i just thought of something.every one is sayin by all this extra stuff right.Cuz all the thief has to do is pop the hood and disable the battery? my battery is hidden in the back of my hatch so either way they would have to enter the cab of the car signaling the alarm right?

Instead of having the 6 tone siren, maybe you should look into a DEI mutli siren where you can cut the loops and make one sound. I know the 6 tone sirens can be annoying to people. The backup battery is when someone cuts your alarm wire, it still goes off. The interior siren permits a high pitch sound which a person would be deaf if they stay in there too long.

Back