Virgin Build! Need Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecProdigy

i'm tryna put together an LS/Vtec my co-worker is ganna giv me da block clean with a gsr tranny n all da harnesses n i got a b16 head 4 60 but all i need 2 kno now where do i go from here? as far as what internals 2 get, maching or use a golden eagle kit i'd really appreciate da help srry if this is a repost

Ls/vtec

First off, Which b16a head do you have... and for 60 bucks I would recomend you take it to a machine shop for an overhaul. ($275-$400) Or grab a helms, micrometer and the nearest wrench and check all the specs yourself.

Secondly, if you have an ls block you have two options starting with the proper way:
-change your ls pistons for b16/gsr pistons
or you can do it the ghetto way and grind the tops of the ls pistons to accomodate the longer valve throw thet the b16 will create (i do not reccomend this but if you do it right will work)
-And make sure you Hone the block properly if interchanging pistons!!!

Yes golden eagle creates a kit for ls/vtec that will cost you 200+.. Or you can grab some taps and tube after after getting aquainted with mr search bar and boogie.

use the head gasket that matches the head.. and make sure you drill the dowel holes to accept the b16 head.

This has been covered about a zillion times.. theres even a step by step how-to on it :)

Back