VIS Hood Latch, Where is it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
My cousin just bought a VIS hood for his EG off EGAY but over looked the part where they say "hood pins required"... I guess he figured it was just a safety pre-caution. Anyway, he doesn't want to put gay ass hood pins on it so does anyone know if they sell like a bolt on latch for the hood? The hood has absolutely nothing in front to hold the hood down. i'm thinking about making one but if someone sells it he might just buy it. Thanks

Ummm. Buyer beware? Just tell him to get some non-gay hood pins. no, you aren't going to find some bolt on latch for it, unfortunately.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ummm. Buyer beware? Just tell him to get some non-gay hood pins. no, you aren't going to find some bolt on latch for it, unfortunately.
no need to beware, it clearly said it on the auction and he just over-looked it. it has two pre drilled holes like you could add a latch, so i might just make one, or better yet try and make him sell the VIS hood and get a Fiber Images one because I know for a fact it has a hood latch.

Vis makes some good stuff, just sell that one, and get another VIS from a reputable dealer, and make sure to get one with a latch. I know they make them.

you can;t add a latch unless there is a steel support built in. If there is then the stock on can be mocked up to work. Or the the other option is to add you own suport and add a layer of carbon fiber for strength

Back