vista pre- beta 2 screens

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah that looks just fruity and thats the part that I didnt like about XP. I wish microsoft would focus on making a good solid OS. But that isnt the market they are appealing to. Its to all the people that want pretty graphics with shitty reliability. Oh well what can you do. Also dont you need a 3d graphics card to even use all the prettyness. Ill have to ask my program chair how he likes it. I think he is on the beta list.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah that looks just fruity and thats the part that I didnt like about XP. I wish microsoft would focus on making a good solid OS. But that isnt the market they are appealing to. Its to all the people that want pretty graphics with shitty reliability. Oh well what can you do. Also dont you need a 3d graphics card to even use all the prettyness. Ill have to ask my program chair how he likes it. I think he is on the beta list.
if you are rocking a PC on this day and age without some sort of 3d accellerator you are retarded.

what says there is only going to be one style mode even xp has the xp style and the classic style.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
if you are rocking a PC on this day and age without some sort of 3d accellerator you are retarded.

I should have worded that alittle diffrently. The part that bothers me is that because it has to have a 3d card thats just gonna eat up more system resources. It looks like MS is still bundeling every thing as one huge package instead of allowing you to CHOOSE what you want. The more intertependance there is an increased chance of one part breaking and sinking the whole ship.

Ill shut up now everyone already nows this so im wasting my time and everyone elses.

trust me, its nice. It runs really smoothly when its not crashing :p. Since they've moved to vector based 3d desktop, there is pretty much no more lag when moving windows and stuff arround. Overall its quite smooth.

You can also switch it back to 2d mode, and it won't need 3d acceleration. Personally, I find that it is much better w/ 3d, because its sooo smooth. You guys should try running it before saying its shit, because you have no clue what you're talking about. Now, will it suck when it makes it to the market? Most likely. I'm sure that they'll find a way to make it slow and shitty, but personally, I think Vista will be MUCH better than XP. If you want a no bullshit, functionality first OS, you should be running 2000pro anyway.

What kind of machine are you running it on? Id like to to know the specs on your machine. My self, I dont have the cash to run really high end machines. I have never owned a computer with over 512mb of ram. Highest machine I have CPU wise is 1.2 ghz That is my major grip it proabably wont run to well on any of my computers.

Vista requires 256mb,but 512mb is recommended. 1GB is what you should shoot for. Any relatively new Intel or AMD processor should be good, say pass 3-4 years (i would like to say at least 2.0ghz). The graphics card is basically anything with directx9, shit even the integrated nvidia 6100 is "vista-ready." The entry isnt exactly that steep, but if you want the 'full experience' it is a little e.g. Aero glass which is optional and not avaliable for pirated versions :mrgreen:

You can build a "vista-ready" machine for about 300-400ish. Heres an example from parts bought from fry's (outpost)

CPU: AMD 3100+ Sempron - $80
Motheboard: ECS Nforce3A - Free w/CPU (Even though its an ECS, its actually a really great board that I have overclocked at 240mhz w/o probs)
RAM: Corsair Value 2X512MB - $60 AR
Case w/350 Watt PSU: Antec SLK - $60 AR
HDD: Seagate 80GB w/8M cache - $40 AR
Drive: NEC 3550A - $40
Video Card: eVGA 6200 - $20 AR

AR = After Rebate.

Thats a very good basic system to run almost anything except gaming. Of course its DDR and AGP, but if you building a budget system, I don't see you needing DDR2 or PCI-E. Very little advantages at the moment, unless you plan on upgrading within 2-3 years or plan on gaming soon, then a PCI-E system is definately a better buy because better and cheaper graphics cards are avaliable. Also, you can upgrade to dual-core if you want.

Anyrate, Im using windowblinds with the VistaXP skin and it looks amazing. Alot better than regular ol' xp. If Vista is more solid, im definately switching over. I have resources to spare for the pretty graphics =).

Quoted post[/post]]
What kind of machine are you running it on? Id like to to know the specs on your machine. My self, I dont have the cash to run really high end machines. I have never owned a computer with over 512mb of ram. Highest machine I have CPU wise is 1.2 ghz That is my major grip it proabably wont run to well on any of my computers.
I'm running a high end system, but it should run fine on most systems.

My specs:
-Dual Xeon 3.06's about to be @ 4Ghz on H2O
-1gb DDR400
-Radeon 9800 about to be 6800GS
-600GB of HD space
:ph34r: :p

Vista interests me none. I'm done with Microsoft.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I'm running a high end system, but it should run fine on most systems.

My specs:
-Dual Xeon 3.06's about to be @ 4Ghz on H2O
-1gb DDR400
-Radeon 9800 about to be 6800GS
-600GB of HD space
:ph34r: :p

How can you waste that hardware on Windows? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Quoted post[/post]]
trust me, its nice. It runs really smoothly when its not crashing :p. Since they've moved to vector based 3d desktop, there is pretty much no more lag when moving windows and stuff arround. Overall its quite smooth

vector has nothing to do with moving. It's advantages are with re-sizing.

when you zoom in on a jpg, it gets pixelated. its a raster image.
when you zoom in on a flash movie, or take it out of the frame and link directly to the swf, it exapands to full screen. without clarity loss. flash is vector based.

Quoted post[/post]]
gotta love vector based graphics :)

http://graphicdesign.about.com/library/weekly/aa042398.htm

That article sucks.

The correct term is raster, not bitmap. And vector doesn't draw lines and cruves. Vector creates plots of points, and plays connect the dots to form the image. The lines and cruves that result are a byproduct, not the source.

B - I know how vector graphics work. I just know that the windows don't lag in vista like they tend to do in XP.

Sabz - when they release a copy of 3D Studio Max for linux, I'll move to linux. For now, windows is the only option. (That and the fact there are a lot more games).

Quoted post[/post]]

That article sucks.

The correct term is raster, not bitmap. And vector doesn't draw lines and cruves. Vector creates plots of points, and plays connect the dots to form the image. The lines and cruves that result are a byproduct, not the source.

Raster and bitmap are synonomous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raster_graphics

Vector graphics utilize points, lines and curves to represent images its also called geometric modeling.

Back