Vista

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know what it is... but what is drm on vista? I have played downloaded music fine. I have also downloaded music on vista. What will it flag my isp that i am downloading stuff?

i dont think so...i thought they were gonna implement that you couldnt play non-signed music on vista.

Oh and alot of stuff is propaganda... i play all my downloaded music fine. It doesnt distort anything at all. As far as system resources oh well. No matter what vista is the wave of the future, and unfortunatly the next os. XP is good but I like my vista. I guess some idiots will keep windows 2000, because they are scared to leave the os that has treated them so well. Vista in my opinion is pretty freaking good :thumbsup:

was running 2k... lmao

after my laptop got fucxored, i think im gona load up XP on it when its fixed though

Ian, Ill hook you with some xp pro with mce if you need it... if i can pry you away from the gf. Douche :)

From what a riend of mine has told me from his install experience yesterday, he had to give the product key like 5 times, install REQUIRES and internet connection for product key checking, and you have to agree to let your computer contact MS every x amount of dyas to check up on you to see if the key is still valid. It's avaliable DVD media only, you cannot share filetypes of .mp3 over a network. If you drag and drop a file to the desktop from a usb key it automatically puts it in a my music type folder , not on the desktop. it's very obtrusive as far as needing the admin pwd for just about everythin you want to do.

it automatically installed my cs:s and bf2 games... into a games folder :) I dont see why i should worry about the drm stuff. I am downloading music now and adding it to my ipod while at work. So i dont see how this drm works. And yea it contacts microsoft for the first 14 days. I am still learning the ins and outs of it. But i am sure in the next month or so i will know it as well as i do any other os.

Fuck DRM in any form. Fuck my computer contacting anyone I do not tell it to.

screw microsoft i have no respect fo rthe ne OS that supports nothing and uses all my system resources on my new up to date pc reminds me of puting 98 on a pc with 133mhz processor and 32mb ram

i forgot all about the project looking glass thing someone showed it to me like a year ago.

Yeah I am not down with my OS contacting anyone that I do not want it to contact. Im gonna have to do alittle more research on what Vista does. However, being that I am going to school for IT I should probably familiarize my self with it before I get in depth in the field.

Hey B. Is there any kind of ETA on that Look Glass O.S. I remember it being posted on here quit awhile ago. I want to go 100% dedicated to Gentoo I just don't have the time to screw with it.

looking glass is a crazy complicated OS and its comming from the open source community. its got a few years left before it gets released.

in the mean time install your favorite linux distro add beryl and you'll have all the 2d and 3d desktop that you'll love, it's light weight and runs on my modest laptop setup with a intel i845 chipset.

Back