Vista

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Do you think that game developers will start producing games geared towards Vista any time soon? I think it will be awhile before everyone is running Vista.

That is what this site concluded as well. The market for XP capable games is still too big for developers to start targeting Vista exclusively. Except for MS Game Studios, I would expect for most developers to release XP games for quite some time.

That was my thought on it as well. Im sure if Microsoft had there way they would cut XP compatable games off right now. Much like they did with the Xbox. I for the life of me could not find a freaking pre paid game card for Xbox Live. But jesus are the Xbox Silver and Gold cards every where. They are forcing people to buy the 360.

got vista business on my acer... with a few programs installed and NFS most wanted. runs just the same as XP. i notice no differences at all and ive already put 60gb of my shit back on the drive.

i really like aero. they cleaned it up alot since pre-releases.

What are the specs on your machine TM? Even if I got a copy of Vista I dont think I would even be able to run it :( I have zero high ram machines out of all 7 computers I have :(

its a laptop :) acer aspire 5672

1.66ghz core duo 667mhz fsb, 2mb l2 cahe
ati mobility radeon x1400 512mb
100gb sata hdd
dvd/rw +DL
1GB DDR2 ram (upgrading to 1.5)

Oh really? Hmm maybe if i stick a gig of ram in my latitude 110L I may be able to pull it off. Id be interested in hearing any comments about Vista the pros and cons that sorta thing. That may be a good write up for people that want to know more about it. Just throwin that out there.

I would imagine thats a bet yet I would imagine. You got any screen shots? I want to see some random pictures of vista in action

snap i forgot screenshots myself... ill have some tonight after the superbowl. what do you want shots of?

Just whatever man, I just want to see real pictures from a real person doing real shit. Its really easy for websites to post pictures that make it look good and all that. Maybe a few screens of Explorer, the desktop with some stuff open. I don't know surprise me.

vista%20screeny.jpg

swapped in a core 2 duo chip today. thing fucking flies. 1.66ghz core duo < 2ghz core 2 duo. laptop doesnt get as hot either.

Last edited:
That looks pretty clean. How is the range of adjustment on the visuals? You know in XP how you can set it back to the windows classic setting. Can you do that with Vista?

I belive i fall in the "those with shitty video card" category. So that is good to know

Back