vitara help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Delsol94

i am thinking of ordering vitaras and rods like this
FJ Distributors
however i need to kno if there is any maching that will need to be done at a machine shop, i know u have to notch the block but i am capable of doing that, and what size vitaras i need to buy, some people say 75mm and some say 75.5 or even 76mm.thanks in advance

they tell you to notch the block right on the site.
order the pistons for your finished bore size. stock is 75mm, if ur not having it bored out, use the 75's

i dnt plan on boring but i heard 75's are small and will be loud due to the p2w clearance i heard that 75.5s are recommended but wanted other opinions

well, if they are forged they will be a lil noisy in the stock bore till the engine warms up. if this bithers you, have them bore it to 75.5 matched with the forged pistons, it will be alot quieter since the stock bore accounts for the stock cast piston expanding more.
oversized pistons will not fit in a stock bore though.

most people use the ycp vitaras as they are stonger i read due to semi- forging so i feel like there is a grey area, its kind of hard to find exactly what to use it seems like its opinion, so the 75mm's would be what i would have to run due to my stock d16z6 bore?

Back