1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vitara's with n2o??

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by stuntstere, Feb 10, 2009.

1. stuntstere

stuntstere Member

Hey guys. I have seen the vitara's in d series handling quite abit of boost and have came acrossed a block my friend built and is willing to sell to me for cheap. Its a d15b with ycp vitara's and fjd i beam special length rods. I was wondering how much nitrous would you guys think these pstons could handle? I know they are still cast but are stronger than than honda's casting. I already have a direct port kit sitting around and figured I ponder upon this build.

Thank for all the help guys.

2. je power

je power New Member

im not sure but stock hondas can hold a 75 shot

3. newb

newb phresh VIP

<---In for the answer. This got me curious lol.

4. stuntstere

stuntstere Member

I know. It has me very curious too. I was maybe thinking a 150 shot with good tuning. I've seen these thing hold 400 + hp with boost. So I figure that should be able to be done. What do you guys think. I haven't had a huge experience with nitrous, so maybe someone with a little could chime in for opinion?

5. stuntstere

stuntstere Member

6. jspeccrx91

jspeccrx91 New Member

this maybe a little late but i'm running ycp pistons in my 11.5cr b16 crx with a 100hp shot. they seem to be holding up fine.

7. 97hatch

97hatch ?

75-125 it should be fine or ill buy your rods and pistons from you as i really want a set if fjt rods and viraras

8. stuntstere

stuntstere Member

I estimate my compression to be around 9 to one. Roughly. So I figured I could get away with spraying the 150. I guess we will find out when I get my head back from the machine shop and start putting things together. I think my head is going to be the thing that really livens this motor up. It will be "lightend" with a hint of bisi parts sauce on top. lol

9. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

If it does have FJT's rods in it then it should bump the compression up a full point to around 8.8:1. They have a write-up somewhere and FJT was the one that did the write-up.

I'm in for the answer just out of sheer curiosity.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted