Volkswagen buys porsche

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lambo_gal_geneva.jpg

Am I smoking crack...? When did Lambo become German and not Italian?

I have a friend who has an 06 golf. It has 30,000-40 miles on it, and the tranny is fucked. She took it in, and they said it was something wrong in the ecu. They tweaked it, and now it only slams into 2nd semi-violently. Plus that 2.0 is sorta pathetic, and its as responsive as a 2 toed sloth. I'm sure it has something to do with the auto transmission, but I'm not that bias. Plus it has a sealed transmission, so you can't check the fluid without taking it in, and shes had more little shit go wrong than a new car should. I'll stick to pre 2000 hondas. Thanks though.

That 2.0T won awards for the engine of the year for the past year if not two years...

They just killed the 3.2 V6's that were in other Audis in favor of keeping the 2.0T.

Also Jeffie, I agree the G8 looked great, but it will be back rebadged as a Chevrolet Caprice. Hopefully they don't change the looks too much, unless they take some hints from the original Commodore.

Not to burst your bubble here, but originally GM's CEO said that he was going to keep car enthusiast cars and specifically stated he wanted to keep the RWD line up, including the G8. Point of the story is that after speaking with marketing, he rebutted what he had said earlier and has since stated that the G8 WILL NOT be in production.

Not to burst your bubble here, but originally GM's CEO said that he was going to keep car enthusiast cars and specifically stated he wanted to keep the RWD line up, including the G8. Point of the story is that after speaking with marketing, he rebutted what he had said earlier and has since stated that the G8 WILL NOT be in production.
Lutz talks out of his ass all the time. But, God I hope you're wrong, it's one of their best cars.

the thing with vw buying into porsche is the whole us trying to slam down on gas milage theres some kind of 35mpg on all veh. produced as of 2016(expected date) but the thing is the manu. has to have a car that makes up for it in the same class. like ford for example .... if they make a ranger thag gets great gasmilage then they can make a ......f150 that gets shitty. its something like that. so with vw purchasing into porshe they wont have to sacrafice power for fuel economy in future porshe's (its been a couple of weeks since i read about it, i cant find the article.

i would love to have a german car.
i want a newer VW diesel, manual trans, loaded to the extreme.
i would be a very happy person.

konigsegg bought out saab? i havnt heard that yet, if its true, i cant wait to see where they take it. but also, they are swiss. not german.

injen, give it some time, you will get tired of lowered pos cars that handle like shit, and always need to be fixed.
go out and drive some nicer cars when you get a license. your world will be changed.
im 23, i hate hondas now. i want to get rid of my teg bad. i would love to have a bmw, or vw. i dont care, i want something thats turnkey, rides great, handles great. i dont much care about speed (although most german cars more than have that covered.)

konigsegg bought out saab? i havnt heard that yet, if its true, i cant wait to see where they take it. but also, they are swiss. not german.
)

Ko... did buy out Saab about a month ago. Its the conglomerate that owns Ko, but the conglomerate is run and managed by the same person. If I said Ko was German, I apologize - they are certainly Swedish and as a stipulation of the deal, much of the work has to be brought back to Sweden. Essentially this was a Swedish government bail out - the Swedes backed Saab when there was no liquidity and then sold out to Ko before the company was completely bankrupt and worthless.

I didn't realize that VW had a portion of Lambo. Pretty cool. They obviously have Buggati as well.

yeah, i researched it.
basically, GM paid konigsegg to take saab. koenigsegg now owns the saab brand and all of the possessions (including money) of saab that GM had. they just handed everything over.
koenigsegg owes nothing to GM unless they turn saab into a profitable company. and only if saab lives on they will discuss payment. im assuming GM will get a percentage of profit/stock shares when/if that happens.
the reason koenigsegg got the company was because they are swedish and like you said, it all has to be moved back to sweden.

im not sure what you mean by the conglomerate, maybe im just having a stupid day, but the koenigsegg company is owned/operated by Christian Von Koenigsegg.

i can only imagine the great steps saab is going to take once his developers and R&R groups get onto the saabs.

im not sure what you mean by the conglomerate, maybe im just having a stupid day, but the koenigsegg company is owned/operated by Christian Von Koenigsegg..

Think of the situation as this - for a variety of reasons people create groups, corporations, sole proprietorship, etc. These situations generally arise for two reasons, 1) legal protection - the corporation/group/conglomerate becomes liable rather than the individual. 2) tax advantages.

Christian Von Koenigsegg, is the CEO and owner of Koenigsegg, which is owned and overseen by a larger conglomerate. This conglomerate is a variety of wealthy businessmen that have pooled their resources (cash, expertise, experience) to acquire a variety of businesses. Christian Von Koenigsegg, is the CEO and sits on the board of this conglomerate, but he is not solely responbile for the ultimate vision of the company.

"Saab’s new owner is actually not Koenigsegg Auto AB, the builder of million-dollar-plus supercars—but rather Koenigsegg Group AB, a consortium of partners that includes Koenigsegg Auto; Alpraaz, a Swedish import-export company; Augie Fabela, a Russian telecom billionaire; Mark Bishop, a San Diego–based investment banker; and Baard Eker, a Norwegian mogul whose Eker Group also owns 49 percent of Koenigsegg Auto.Both Koenigsegg entities are led by the same man, Christian von Koenigsegg, the 37-year-old descendent of an aristocratic Swedish family who is best described as an entrepreneur-slash-inventor who personally holds many of the patents on his cars." The Not-so-Small Koenigsegg Group AB Puts Saab Back in Swedish Hands - Car News - Car and Driver

The first source on google when you search for the news results is shitty and stingy on details. Car and Driver had less of its head up its ass, and actually took the time to understand the important business details behind the deal. Bloomberg and Wall Street Journal had more in depth pieces but both are subscription services unless you have them on a blackberry or iphone.

Think of the company that bought Mercedes. Daimler AG was at its most bare form a group of investment bankers that were looking to acquire companies to generate income streams rather than purchase traditional assets like stock or bonds.

injen, give it some time, you will get tired of lowered pos cars that handle like shit, and always need to be fixed.
go out and drive some nicer cars when you get a license. your world will be changed.
im 23, i hate hondas now. i want to get rid of my teg bad. i would love to have a bmw, or vw. i dont care, i want something thats turnkey, rides great, handles great. i dont much care about speed (although most german cars more than have that covered.)

I definitely agree with you. I'd much rather have a Bmw or an Audi. I'm tired of my Civic always needing one thing or another.

I definitely agree with you. I'd much rather have a Bmw or an Audi. I'm tired of my Civic always needing one thing or another.

Happens to the best of us. I was tired of my WRX's red top battery running dead, because the very rare Australian AC and alternator pulley kit that I searched for everywhere was underdriven and would not charge the battery as the car ran. I was glad I was 21 at the time and not at my current age, at my current job, where I would have been even more embarrassed infront of a client than I was in front of my girl in college.

Cars are fun to tinker with... when you have a spare car.

yeah, if you read my last post, i got it right half the time.
i keep thinking the pronunciation correctly as im saying it in my head, but im picturing it typed like: königsegg, which is how it is pronounced but still actually mis-spelled. but, since (at least i far as i know) we dont have an umlaut button on american keyboards i couldnt type it like that.

basically ö= oe. i had the pronunciation down 100%, but the spelling is gay. when i hear a word with the "oe" sound, the first thing i think is "ö" especially when europeans are involved.

Back