1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

voltage stabilizer

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by jpullen, Dec 31, 2011.

1. jpullen

jpullen New Member

Hi Everybody
    I'm new at this and need some assistance. I have a after market battery ground voltage stabilizer regulator. universal and would like to know how to mount in my 1990 honda crx. any help would be grate. thankyou:confused:

2. Dual-500

Dual-500 Well-Known Member VIP

Can you post a link to the equipment? Pictures? I don't know what it is or what it does.

Glad you found your way here. The other thread is cleaned up. :)

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Those are basically capacitor(s). Just install in parallel with your battery.

4. Dual-500

Ah yes, one of these - guess my Auto Sound vernacular ain't what it used to be!

[​IMG]

It installs electrically across the battery. I would put it at the amplifier end of the circuit right in front of the amp. When you install it, there should be some instructions that tell you how to charge it up or better put, Pre-Charge it before making the final connection via installing the fuse. Typically that would be accomplished using a resistor or light bulb.

Be sure and fuse it also, 60 to 100 amps should be good. If you put it across the circuit at the amp, then that should already be fused per the amplifiers specifications - just use that fuse, no need to change fuse amperage. In other words fuse the circuit per wire size and amplifier specifiacitons.

Be sure to precharge it or you could have spectacular fireworks.

When I saw this: "battery ground voltage stabilizer regulator." I wasn't sure exactly what he meant. My mind was racing......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  5. jpullen

jpullen New Member

6. Dual-500

Does it have instructions with it? It's a simple installation as K2e2vin alluded to. Just remember to never connect it to the battery circuit without pre-charging it.

7. Dual-500

Here's a schematic on how to install it. I would locate it near the amplifier(s). It can also be located under the hood or anywhere you want really. Just try to keep wire lengths to a minimum and use the same size wire as you feed the amp(s) with.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO CHARGE IT UP BEFORE MAKING THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTION TO THE CARS ELECTRICAL SYSTEM.

[​IMG]

8. jpullen

jpullen New Member

Thanks for you'er help.Hey that a nice motor in you'er cxr:)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted